anyone do well even when they dont understand all the A/Cs?

sangr

anyone do well even when they dont understand all the A/Cs?

Postby sangr » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:51 pm

ok so ive taken a couple of PTs in the past few weeks and have done fairly well

one LR section ranging in the -1 to -3 range.

As I was studying I realized I was burning out a while ago because I was checking each answer choices meticulously for every PT.

However during the recent ones I've tended to get most LRs right, even when in the prior PT's i wouldnt necessarily check all of the answer choices of every question. And I noticed that for a lot of the questions, I didnt necessarily understand what the wrong answer choices meant, or what their relation was to the stimulus (IE why they are wrong, what went wrong)

Just wondering, could this become a problem in the later PTs? (50-60)

The ones ive taken recently are in the 40s, and I realized that for the most part, if u get a good grasp of the stimulus and delve into the answer choices, u can find the right one that sticks out, and then proceed to cross out ones that dont seem to match into what these LSAC test makers are looking for.

give me your insights please!

thanks!

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Re: anyone do well even when they dont understand all the A/Cs?

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:42 pm

If it works for you, keep at it. Don't worry too much about preptest changes for this. However, I suggest you keep working on your stamina - do a 6 section preptest (and make sure you're doing 5 sections at a minimum). If you don't have enough gas to check every answer, the key is to know when you are in danger of being tricked and when you're not - and that's tough to know. But, if ain't broke...

sangr

Postby sangr » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:50 pm

thanks for the reply!
im not sure if it was unclear but..
i didnt mean all this DURING the test...
but after i take it and im checking my PT.

is that what u meant?
basically what i was saying is that i dont necessarily check all the A/Cs when im checking my PT,
when its clear to me what the answer is

St.Remy

Postby St.Remy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:49 pm

sangr wrote:thanks for the reply!
im not sure if it was unclear but..
i didnt mean all this DURING the test...
but after i take it and im checking my PT.

is that what u meant?
basically what i was saying is that i dont necessarily check all the A/Cs when im checking my PT,
when its clear to me what the answer is

When I did a PT I would make a mark by any question that I was unsure about. After the test I would go over every question that I marked (and every unmarked question that I got wrong obviously). I don't think going over every single question is necessary or helpful, and if it's killing your stamina then I would stop doing it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”