Prep42 Dec 2003 sec.1 19-23? Games

ekamy

Prep42 Dec 2003 sec.1 19-23? Games

Postby ekamy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:36 pm

this is a game section. but why i found it so hard to solve these questions. is anyone can tell me how to draw the diagram? thanks for you all.

Jeffort

Re: Prep42 Dec 2003 sec.1 19-23? Games

Postby Jeffort » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:25 pm

ekamy wrote:this is a game section. but why i found it so hard to solve these questions. is anyone can tell me how to draw the diagram? thanks for you all.

This is a fairly difficult grouping game based almost entirely on advanced numerical distribution. Hence, you cannot easily just jot down a set of slots, plug a few stated things in, fill in a few not laws and dual options, etc. like with a typical linear/sequencing game.

However, if you approach it by focusing on figuring out and breaking down the numerical distribution restrictions and possibilities you can boil it down to a very limited set of overall possible distribution scenarios.

Start with calculating how many plays each person can/must review, then apply the additional rules to that.

First most important thing to notice is that since M reviews more plays than either K or L, and since M cannot review a play J reviews (each person has to review at least one play and there are 3 plays), you can conclude that M must review 2 plays and K, L & J each review exactly one play.

That means that since there are only 3 plays with M reviewing 2 of them and cannot review the one that J does, once you know what J is doing you know what M is doing and vice versa.

Then you carry on from there to make further deductions.

ekamy

Postby ekamy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:46 pm

thank you for your answer. but why the #19 questions couldnt choose C that includes Jiang? what does "exactly two of the students review exactly the same play or plays as each other" mean? does it mean that only K and O review T?

Cambridge LSAT

Postby Cambridge LSAT » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:20 pm

For question #19, choice C is incorrect because it violates the second condition; J and L cannot both review S.

The fourth condition is not limited to K and O. For example, in the following solution, J and K fulfill this condition:
S: M
T: J K O
U: L M O

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”