Test Center question - Folsom Lake College

Judge Philip Banks

Test Center question - Folsom Lake College

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:44 pm

Has anyone taken the LSAT at the Folsom Lake College test center? How was your experience there? Would you say it was a good test center?

Thanks!

Edit: Or if anyone has heard anything about this test center, your input would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

bk1

Re: Test Center question - Folsom Lake College

Postby bk1 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:02 pm

I took it there, it was nice. Small classrooms where each had about 10-15 test takers. Quiet and out of the way. I wasn't bothered when other rooms were on break. Each classroom had nice long tables instead of desks with 2 people per table and a gap between them.

I'd say it was good. I preferred it to my retake at McGeorge because small classrooms at Folsom were better than the large lecture halls used at McGeorge. Plus it was nicer to be on break when 10-15 people rather than on break with 50 people.

Judge Philip Banks

Postby Judge Philip Banks » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:55 pm

bk1 wrote:I took it there, it was nice. Small classrooms where each had about 10-15 test takers. Quiet and out of the way. I wasn't bothered when other rooms were on break. Each classroom had nice long tables instead of desks with 2 people per table and a gap between them.

I'd say it was good. I preferred it to my retake at McGeorge because small classrooms at Folsom were better than the large lecture halls used at McGeorge. Plus it was nicer to be on break when 10-15 people rather than on break with 50 people.

Thanks for the reply. That sounds exactly like the test center I was looking for. I was signed up for McGeorge, but I was thinking of changing to Folsom Lake College. After hearing what it was like for you, I made the switch. Hopefully it is as nice as it was for you!

Thanks again.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:20 pm

My experience at McGeorge was fine but if you don't mind the difference in distance (I was living in Davis at the time and on my first test I had no choice but to take it at Folsom), then I would say Folsom.

Smaller classrooms are always the best, imo. The main thing that can be distracting, other than things in the environment like construction at your test center, is other test takers. Taking it in a smaller room reduces the chances that one of your fellow test takers is going to be doing something annoying.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”