Most difficult stimulus subject matter in LR questions?

dingoesatmybaby

Most difficult stimulus subject matter in LR questions?

Postby dingoesatmybaby » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:16 pm

It's weird because I hear most people are turned off by science or medicine related stimuli because they are not that knowledgeable about the terminology used and whatnot. While I am not either by any means, I still manage to work through those stimuli by taking it piece by piece and connecting the ideas. But for me, whenever there is a question about VOLCANOES or ROCK SEDIMENTS or FOSSILS or CAVES and all that crap I always find it hard, regardless of the question type. I really don't understand why. I follow the stimuli like I do any other stimulus and try to work through it, but something about those questions just completely throw me off, and I find myself constantly having to re-read it over and over to fully comprehend the argument. Has anyone else noticed patterns in what stimuli subject matter they find the most difficult, regardless of question type? Any advice on how to work on that?

3|ink

Re: Most difficult stimulus subject matter in LR questions?

Postby 3|ink » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:26 pm

It seems that the more difficult questions are those with the easiest subject matter. The ones with hard subject matter are meant to intimidate, but they end up being easy (same way with RC). It's the LR questions that appear easy that you have to watch out for.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”