Timing Section Review

skyisthelimit1

Timing Section Review

Postby skyisthelimit1 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:39 pm

After completing timing sections, should I immediately review them or should I do two to three other sections in order to help build my endurance? I've been instructed to only take one practice test a week.

P.S. When I review a section, I essentially redo it untimed and check my previous answer with the correct answer. So it's a pretty thorough process.

Knock

Re: Timing Section Review

Postby Knock » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:46 pm

skyisthelimit1 wrote:After completing timing sections, should I immediately review them or should I do two to three other sections in order to help build my endurance? I've been instructed to only take one practice test a week.

P.S. When I review a section, I essentially redo it untimed and check my previous answer with the correct answer. So it's a pretty thorough process.

Who told you that? i'd be hesitant to follow that advice, personally. At this point before the test, depending where you are in studying, you should be taking mainly full length, timed, 5 section PT's.

And I would review after completing a few sections or however many sections you were going to take that day. You want to practice under as similar conditions to test day as possible, this includes doing sections back to back to back without resting your brain.

Good luck.

skyisthelimit1

Re: Timing Section Review

Postby skyisthelimit1 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. And my Kaplan course teacher told me that to improve my score I shouldn't be taking more than one test per week. She directed me to focus on individual timing sections and to try to improve my accuracy within the limits.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”