PT 10 "Words" Game

whymeohgodno

PT 10 "Words" Game

Postby whymeohgodno » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Is this an example of a rare game?

The one where you can replace/delete/add letters.

Hedwig

Re: PT 10 "Words" Game

Postby Hedwig » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:42 pm

It reminds me of:

the stupid tribes that do something in three year patterns
the flasks that can be mixed together in a different ways

It's kind of a "pattern" game - but not the way PS says pattern. Like, there are several different tracks the changing could take... like

plan 1 --> plan 2
or plan 3 --> plan 1

and so on and so forth. Which makes it difficult.

But I'm not sure of the frequency or what this game is technically defined as.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:47 pm

We probably won't see a game like this then?

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Well, it's best to understand the game and how it works in case we do get one. I hope we don't, but it's definitely possible, it's shown up a few more times than in just PT 10. They seem to be making the LG a bit funkier.

gdane

Postby gdane » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:59 pm

eit wrote:Well, it's best to understand the game and how it works in case we do get one. I hope we don't, but it's definitely possible, it's shown up a few more times than in just PT 10. They seem to be making the LG a bit funkier.

Really? It seems like the games are more straightforward now. I think the issue is that the inferences/deductions are a little more difficult to come across.

The snakes and lizards game and Zephyr Airlines were two complex games. However, if you realized the inferences and deduction you were good. The Dino game last year was straighforward, but getting to the inferences/deductions was tough as hell.

Its all relative though.

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:03 pm

gdane5 wrote:
eit wrote:Well, it's best to understand the game and how it works in case we do get one. I hope we don't, but it's definitely possible, it's shown up a few more times than in just PT 10. They seem to be making the LG a bit funkier.

Really? It seems like the games are more straightforward now. I think the issue is that the inferences/deductions are a little more difficult to come across.

The snakes and lizards game and Zephyr Airlines were two complex games. However, if you realized the inferences and deduction you were good. The Dino game last year was straighforward, but getting to the inferences/deductions was tough as hell.

Its all relative though.

I honestly haven't taken the most recent PTs yet (up to #51), but I have heard rumors of difficulty and weirdness being thrown in there. Like mulch and stone or whatever.

For me, if it takes ages to get an inference, that's an icky game lol.

gdane

Postby gdane » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:05 pm

eit wrote:
gdane5 wrote:

Its all relative though.

I honestly haven't taken the most recent PTs yet (up to #51), but I have heard rumors of difficulty and weirdness being thrown in there. Like mulch and stone or whatever.

I havent taken #60 yet. Dont spoil it for me! I too have heard of mulch and stone, but I dont want to know anything beyond that. Haha!

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:18 pm

gdane5 wrote:
eit wrote:
gdane5 wrote:

Its all relative though.

I havent taken #60 yet. Dont spoil it for me! I too have heard of mulch and stone, but I dont want to know anything beyond that. Haha!

Mulch and stone. Is it notorious for being difficult?

gdane

Postby gdane » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:32 pm

SHHHH!!!! I have no idea. All ive heard is that theres a game that has mulch and stone. I know nothing more, nor do I want to know anything more about this game until after Oct 7th, 2010.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”