out of time! please help! october LSAT

sangr

out of time! please help! october LSAT

Postby sangr » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:04 pm

hello,
so we have a few weeks left before the october LSAT.
however i ahve not taken PTs 33, 33-39.

i was planning on just taking the Logic games from these tests ( LG is random for me)
and just starting to take PT 40 and up from today on..
so basically i may be skipping.. is this a bad idea?

i also have booklets that have questions from 30 on...in question type such as flaw, inference, etc...

how should i do this ? should i take all the PTs > (that would require i take one everyday until shortly before the test)
or go with my old plan of taking the LGs, and several of the LRs that are in the booklet?

please help!

thanks!

Adjudicator

Re: out of time! please help! october LSAT

Postby Adjudicator » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:07 pm

At this point, if you don't have time to do all of them, I would recommend that you favor the more recent ones. I assume you have already done 50-60?

Knock

Postby Knock » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:07 pm

sangr wrote:hello,
so we have a few weeks left before the october LSAT.
however i ahve not taken PTs 33, 33-39.

i was planning on just taking the Logic games from these tests ( LG is random for me)
and just starting to take PT 40 and up from today on..
so basically i may be skipping.. is this a bad idea?

i also have booklets that have questions from 30 on...in question type such as flaw, inference, etc...

how should i do this ? should i take all the PTs > (that would require i take one everyday until shortly before the test)
or go with my old plan of taking the LGs, and several of the LRs that are in the booklet?

please help!

thanks!

Huh? how many full PT's have you taken, and what are you averaging on those? At this point before the test, you should probably start taking full, 5 section PT's. Get started asap, try and get like 10-15 under your belt before the test.

kazu

Postby kazu » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:12 pm

Don't worry, you don't have to do all of them. Since there's only a month left go for the most recent ones. Just doing the LG in the 30s seems like a nice compromise if that's your weak spot and you need to get in more practice. Another option would be chopping them up and using separate section as your "experimental" when doing the 40~50s.

Postby 2014 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:31 pm

Use 33-39 as your experimentals. If you want more LG practice then use those sections as experimentals more often.

sangr

Postby sangr » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:42 pm

thanks guys

to the reply above, i have NOT done 50-60 yet, sorry for not indicating that.
i have done 1-33 so far.

So basically I think im going to take the advice here and chop up those LGs and do the recent ones.

is it a bad idea to start the 50s the last two weeks of prep?

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:01 pm

You might want to start a little earlier than that.

But yeah, do 50-60 in full, and do the LG from all the other tests you haven't done. That's what I am doing.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”