PT 22 - Section 3, LG 22-24 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Platinum

PT 22 - Section 3, LG 22-24

Post by 2014 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:16 pm

This game really threw me off and I would appreciate some help.

For 22-23 I am having a hard time figuring out why the answers that are wrong are necessarily wrong. Most of that is the fact that in the rules most of them say "If assigned to a team" meaning it is difficult to rule anything out. If someone could go through the answers on those two and let me know why each is wrong I would appreciate it.

As for 24, I was stripped for time because of 22-23 but I don't understand why the only correct answer is Q, so I would appreciate help there too.

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Re: PT 22 - Section 3, LG 22-24

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:53 pm

22 A) is wrong because you can only exclude one other juggler for team 2 and two rules are violated since H cannot be on team 2 since Q is not assigned the middle position on team 1, and P and N cannot coincide on the same team.

B) is wrong cause you'd have insufficient jugglers due to too many exclusions, ie) H and L

C) is wrong because P and N can't be on the same team

D) is wrong because L can only be assigned to team 1

E) therefore is correct

23 A) G/H can't be on the same team because they'd have to occupy the front positions

B) is wrong because there would be too many exclusions on team 2 making it insufficient. For example, Front: G, Middle: K, Rear: L [team 1]
Front: N Middle: Q Rear: P [team 2] .. this does not work as P and N cannot be on the same team and H must be excluded since Q is not in the middle position on team 1.

C) H and G would have to both be excluded on team 2 therefore this is wrong

D) Same reason as above

E) is therefore correct

Hope this helps with the last one.

Platinum

Re: PT 22 - Section 3, LG 22-24

Post by 2014 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:20 pm

Ohhhhh I feel like an idiot now. That is a well written game though, LSAC wins one there.

Instead of thinking of it as "One juggler will be excluded" which is what I made it...It is more helpful to look at it as "Six jugglers must participate" which is how they presented it regardless. It just requires an additional level of thought that I wasn't expecting, but will be ready for from now on. Thanks for the help!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”