bubbling

petrovovitch@

bubbling

Postby petrovovitch@ » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:33 pm

how does hand grading work? do they compare the computer grading against your bubble sheet and err on the side of the bubble sheet?

if so is it fine to not care about the quality of your bubbles and just plan on paying for hand grading?

D. H2Oman

Re: bubbling

Postby D. H2Oman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Just fill in the bubble idiot.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:39 pm

I don't know either but I'm really worried about this bubble situation. I bought hundreds of bubble sheets and plan on just focusing on that until the test. If anyone has any literature or anything on bubbling pm me.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:42 pm

naterj wrote:I don't know either but I'm really worried about this bubble situation. I bought hundreds of bubble sheets and plan on just focusing on that until the test. If anyone has any literature or anything on bubbling pm me.

Lmfao.

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:49 pm

petrovovitch@ wrote:how does hand grading work? do they compare the computer grading against your bubble sheet and err on the side of the bubble sheet?

if so is it fine to not care about the quality of your bubbles and just plan on paying for hand grading?

The computer scoring was excellent. I had one erasure where I made a last minute change (thankfully to the correct answer), and I didnt erase it that well, but the computer still marked it. They put a little grey-out on your erasures. If there was one thing I came away with from taking the June LSAT it was that the machine does a great job at scoring correctly. I wouldn't worry about it.

petrovovitch@

Postby petrovovitch@ » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:09 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:Just fill in the bubble idiot.

you dumb fuck i save time by not filling in the whole bubble

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:56 pm

petrovovitch@ wrote:

If you're cutting it that close on time, I suggest you spend some of your prep time practicing filling out the cancellation form on the back of the test.

DasBoot

Postby DasBoot » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:03 pm

If my understanding of how the machine grades the scantron sheet is correct, all that you need is a line through the circle. The machine uses two metal contacts to detect answers. A current is run through one and where there is a mark, the current is carried through the graphite into the other, completing a circuit. This isn't something anyone really needs to worry about- don't bubble so messily that it goes into the area of the other answer selections, don't put a period of lead into the space, and for the love of god don't spend a bunch of time trying to make it black and shiny. A quick and dirty scribble in the space should be more than enough.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:08 pm

--ImageRemoved--

petrovovitch@

Postby petrovovitch@ » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:26 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
petrovovitch@ wrote:

If you're cutting it that close on time, I suggest you spend some of your prep time practicing filling out the cancellation form on the back of the test.

guess you suck at LR. nowhere did i imply that i'm cutting it that close on time.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:53 pm

If you're seriously this retarded you can go ahead and bubble in that cancellation bubble now. The whole thing, bubble it right up.

kazu

Postby kazu » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:53 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
naterj wrote:I don't know either but I'm really worried about this bubble situation. I bought hundreds of bubble sheets and plan on just focusing on that until the test. If anyone has any literature or anything on bubbling pm me.

Lmfao.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

NonTradHealthLaw

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:33 am

This just struck me as a funny picture. Can you imagine Hemingway musing on Scantron? "The bubbles were filled. I reviewed them for sufficient blackness. It pained me. If only that bull hadn't gored out my eye."

I know that wasn't the literature in reference, but it was amusing to my LSAT-prepping punchiness.

petrovovitch@

Postby petrovovitch@ » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:34 pm

wtf is with all the bullshit flack? how is it not a legitimate concern whether my bubbles will be read by the machine if i don't bubble them completely and whether hand grading will grade them correctly anyway?

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:40 pm

petrovovitch@ wrote: how is it not a legitimate concern whether my bubbles will be read by the machine if i don't bubble them completely and whether hand grading will grade them correctly anyway?

Come back to this thread and reread this post in 1 year, and you will find the answer you seek.

ShuckingNotJiving

Postby ShuckingNotJiving » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:51 pm

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:
This just struck me as a funny picture. Can you imagine Hemingway musing on Scantron? "The bubbles were filled. I reviewed them for sufficient blackness. It pained me. If only that bull hadn't gored out my eye."

I know that wasn't the literature in reference, but it was amusing to my LSAT-prepping punchiness.

^^^very funny. How about: "The proctors were all drunk."

op, why don't you just call LSAC and pose this question? That way, you won't be derided (at least not openly) and you'll get the official, non-sarcastic answer you seem to be yearning for.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:09 pm

You're worrying about the wrong thing IMO. If you know the test well enough, there's really no advantage you can achieve by filling in a partial bubble. If anything, you'll just stress yourself out more. If you don't know the test well enough and you actually make use of the literal second you save by partial bubbling, you should be more concerned with studying than these shortcuts.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but these are the very reasons I find your concerns illogical.

Lagunitan

Postby Lagunitan » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:23 pm

Not related to the issues of partial-bubbling, erasing, etc., but: I dropped 2 points on the LSAT because, on an easy question to which I knew the right answer and was rushing through, I misbubbled a "C" as a "B". Lesson: if you've been taking practice tests without doing any bubbling (as I did - I just wrote down question numbers and letters on a blank sheet of paper for each section), be sure to double-check your bubbles on test day. Extra pressure on the actual test is why a lot of people make stupid mistakes and undershoot their practice scores (as I did).

Lonagan

Postby Lonagan » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:25 pm

Just bubble pretty patterns into your scantron. You will get the score you deserve.

petrovovitch@

Postby petrovovitch@ » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:39 pm

you are all presumptuous assholes. i'm consistently scoring above 170 without going over time. i'm not worried about the wrong thing. i'm concerned about bubbling because that's the entire fucking point of the test - to mark the correct bubbles. god i'm going to enjoy being in classes with you pricks :roll:

just to further prove my point : who here bubbles one by one and who bubbles in groups? i'm betting most of you bubble groups. now why do you do this instead of one by one? is it really by chance or because you've devoted at least some thought to bubbling. the bibles and princeton review (and probably kaplans) has a bit about bubbling and i bet their authors and editors are also retards who should have canceled their exams as well.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:58 pm

petrovovitch@ wrote:you are all presumptuous assholes. i'm consistently scoring above 170 without going over time. i'm not worried about the wrong thing. i'm concerned about bubbling because that's the entire fucking point of the test - to mark the correct bubbles. god i'm going to enjoy being in classes with you pricks :roll:

Actually, according to your own words, you're not worried about bubbling the correct bubbles. You're worried about someone counting your bubble as correct if it is not of perfect quality. If this is not the case, please reconcile your true concern with your own words.

petrovovitch@ wrote:if so is it fine to not care about the quality of your bubbles and just plan on paying for hand grading?

petrovovitch@ wrote:you dumb fuck i save time by not filling in the whole bubble

petrovovitch@ wrote:just to further prove my point : who here bubbles one by one and who bubbles in groups? i'm betting most of you bubble groups.

I have never met anyone who bubbles in groups. I'd be very surprised to learn many people do.

petrovovitch@ wrote:now why do you do this instead of one by one? is it really by chance or because you've devoted at least some thought to bubbling.

It seems like a silly idea. That's a great way to miss an answer thanks to a bubbling error.

petrovovitch@ wrote:the bibles and princeton review (and probably kaplans) has a bit about bubbling and i bet their authors and editors are also retards who should have canceled their exams as well.

You seem to have the entire world figured out. Why do you come on here asking questions? It's clear we should be asking you questions.

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:59 pm

Awesome flame.

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:08 am

I had a bunch of erasures because that is how I rock... machine scored it perfectly.

I bubbled 1 by 1 in LR/RC and groups in LG.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:20 am

I had to think about this thread when bubbling today. I used an exacto-knife to cut the bubbles out. Take *THAT* LSAC!

hijodehombre

Postby hijodehombre » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:38 am

--ImageRemoved--

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”