Plan = Turned Upside Down.

Eichörnchen

Plan = Turned Upside Down.

Postby Eichörnchen » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Hello wise ones- I just met with an adviser at my university who informed me that I need two less classes than I previously thought (I didn't realize that my two AP tests counted for actual credit). My original plan was to take the LSAT this December and do 2 classes in fall and 4 in the winter, then graduate, (then I'm taking a year off to travel, etc) Now I know I only need 4 classes, and two of them can be anything I want (all requirements are filled for me). I'm thinking that maybe I should just finish up this last semester and then take the June LSAT. This would leave me with Jan-June to just work and prepare for the LSAT with no school hanging over my head. My other option would be to do two classes in fall and two in winter but I'm pretty sure being in 8 credits/semester my entire senior year, with half of them being random easier classes would probably not be looked upon with much esteem by law schools. I guess a third option would be to take this semester off and do the December LSAT but then have to go back to school and finish out my classes for a semester. So, basically what I thought was my solid plan just got all switched around, but it could be for the better (I was thinking I'd be studying while working and in school, and with the Dec LSAT during finals week so this may be better :) ) Just wanted some input cause I have to decide ASAP and I don't want to be missing anything!

What would you do?

Knock

Re: Plan = Turned Upside Down.

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:Hello wise ones- I just met with an adviser at my university who informed me that I need two less classes than I previously thought (I didn't realize that my two AP tests counted for actual credit). My original plan was to take the LSAT this December and do 2 classes in fall and 4 in the winter, then graduate, (then I'm taking a year off to travel, etc) Now I know I only need 4 classes, and two of them can be anything I want (all requirements are filled for me). I'm thinking that maybe I should just finish up this last semester and then take the June LSAT. This would leave me with Jan-June to just work and prepare for the LSAT with no school hanging over my head. My other option would be to do two classes in fall and two in winter but I'm pretty sure being in 8 credits/semester my entire senior year, with half of them being random easier classes would probably not be looked upon with much esteem by law schools. I guess a third option would be to take this semester off and do the December LSAT but then have to go back to school and finish out my classes for a semester. So, basically what I thought was my solid plan just got all switched around, but it could be for the better (I was thinking I'd be studying while working and in school, and with the Dec LSAT during finals week so this may be better :) ) Just wanted some input cause I have to decide ASAP and I don't want to be missing anything!

What would you do?

Definitely graduate after Fall semester and take Jan-June to study for the June LSAT. It's a win/win, you save money, plus you have less to distract you from studying for the LSAT.

Although I guess I could see an argument for enjoying your entire senior year of college, but I would probably just graduate early anyways. Having undistracted LSAT study time will help you out immensely.

Eichörnchen

Postby Eichörnchen » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:48 pm

Hmm...yea I think I agree with you. I think it would be more of a relief to get school done and then have the LSAT as my #1 priority. It just feels a little jarring to have your whole ''plan'' all jumbled up...not to mention the fact that I need to decide...well, yesterday, ideally. :|

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:Hmm...yea I think I agree with you. I think it would be more of a relief to get school done and then have the LSAT as my #1 priority. It just feels a little jarring to have your whole ''plan'' all jumbled up...not to mention the fact that I need to decide...well, yesterday, ideally. :|

For sure man, I can definitely empathize with your situation. I can be very much a follow the plan person at times as well.

Postby 2014 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:56 pm

Graduate early unless you have loans that you would have to start paying then a semester earlier that you don't want to. However, you will save money, have more time for travel and LSAT, and everyone wins.

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Graduate early. You could also take a part time internship or job that would help your application softs while studying. I think schools would like to see that instead of six blank months on your resume.

blhblahblah

Postby blhblahblah » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:45 pm

You can start by noting the distinction between less and fewer.

Eichörnchen

Postby Eichörnchen » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:21 pm

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your advice (well, with the exception of "blhblahblah". Christ almighty I can't believe someone would take the time out of their day to post about that. I mean, it's one thing if I were to use the wrong "there" or "to" but jeez). I think that I will take the opportunity to graduate early. I think I was just a bit frazzled by the whole abandoning of one plan and throwing together of another within a few hours, but I do think that's the right choice.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”