When do the acceptance/rejection letters start showing up?

longdaysjourney

When do the acceptance/rejection letters start showing up?

Postby longdaysjourney » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:25 pm

My applications will be submitted to 8 of the t-14 by late October, early November. When, approximately, will I start hearing back? When will be the latest I hear back?

bk1

Re: When do the acceptance/rejection letters start showing up?

Postby bk1 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Wrong forum but I'll answer anyways. Looking at http://www.top-law-schools.com/decision-dates.html I would expect that you will get your decisions around mid to late December. The range for you is probably any time between the beginning of December and the end of January.

gdane

Postby gdane » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:17 pm

You'll hear back when they mail you your acceptance packet/rejection letter. If the latter happens you can send them a "rejection of their rejection" letter back.

Good luck!

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:37 pm

gdane5 wrote:You'll hear back when they mail you your acceptance packet/rejection letter. If the latter happens you can send them a "rejection of their rejection" letter back.

Good luck!

Just wondering, do you find out acceptance by email or by postal mail?

JJDancer

Postby JJDancer » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:35 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
gdane5 wrote:You'll hear back when they mail you your acceptance packet/rejection letter. If the latter happens you can send them a "rejection of their rejection" letter back.

Good luck!

could be a phone call, email or snail mail. Usually 2 out of those 3. Of course phone call and email get to you before the snail mail letter/package.

gdane

Postby gdane » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:11 pm

JJDancer wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

Good luck!

could be a phone call, email or snail mail. Usually 2 out of those 3. Of course phone call and email get to you before the snail mail letter/package.

You forgot status checker!!! Thats how I found out for one of my schools last year.

I found out acceptances through status checker and snail mail. Waitlist through email... :x

2ofspades

Postby 2ofspades » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:23 pm

gdane5 wrote:
JJDancer wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

Good luck!

You forgot status checker!!! Thats how I found out for one of my schools last year.

I found out acceptances through status checker and snail mail. Waitlist through email... :x

And, lastly, there are admitted students sites that you'll be able to log into once your decision is rendered but before you've gotten it. For some applicants, refreshing the status checker every five minutes just isn't enough. :D

gdane

Postby gdane » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:26 pm

Ahh yea. Thats right. That little trick of trying to log into the admitted students site. I tried that trick every day for about 2 weeks while I was waiting for Georgetown to get back to me. Ha! What a joke! I knew there was a 100% chance I was going to be rejected, but they took so damn long I started wondering that maybe the impossible happened. Haha!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”