When do the acceptance/rejection letters start showing up?

User avatar
longdaysjourney
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:47 pm

When do the acceptance/rejection letters start showing up?

Postby longdaysjourney » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:25 pm

My applications will be submitted to 8 of the t-14 by late October, early November. When, approximately, will I start hearing back? When will be the latest I hear back?

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18421
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: When do the acceptance/rejection letters start showing up?

Postby bk1 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Wrong forum but I'll answer anyways. Looking at http://www.top-law-schools.com/decision-dates.html I would expect that you will get your decisions around mid to late December. The range for you is probably any time between the beginning of December and the end of January.

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12383
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: When do the acceptance/rejection letters start showing up?

Postby gdane » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:17 pm

You'll hear back when they mail you your acceptance packet/rejection letter. If the latter happens you can send them a "rejection of their rejection" letter back.

Good luck!

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: When do the acceptance/rejection letters start showing up?

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:37 pm

gdane5 wrote:You'll hear back when they mail you your acceptance packet/rejection letter. If the latter happens you can send them a "rejection of their rejection" letter back.

Good luck!


Just wondering, do you find out acceptance by email or by postal mail?

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: When do the acceptance/rejection letters start showing up?

Postby JJDancer » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:35 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
gdane5 wrote:You'll hear back when they mail you your acceptance packet/rejection letter. If the latter happens you can send them a "rejection of their rejection" letter back.

Good luck!


Just wondering, do you find out acceptance by email or by postal mail?


could be a phone call, email or snail mail. Usually 2 out of those 3. Of course phone call and email get to you before the snail mail letter/package.

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12383
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: When do the acceptance/rejection letters start showing up?

Postby gdane » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:11 pm

JJDancer wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
gdane5 wrote:You'll hear back when they mail you your acceptance packet/rejection letter. If the latter happens you can send them a "rejection of their rejection" letter back.

Good luck!


Just wondering, do you find out acceptance by email or by postal mail?


could be a phone call, email or snail mail. Usually 2 out of those 3. Of course phone call and email get to you before the snail mail letter/package.


You forgot status checker!!! Thats how I found out for one of my schools last year.

I found out acceptances through status checker and snail mail. Waitlist through email... :x

User avatar
2ofspades
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: When do the acceptance/rejection letters start showing up?

Postby 2ofspades » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:23 pm

gdane5 wrote:
JJDancer wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
gdane5 wrote:You'll hear back when they mail you your acceptance packet/rejection letter. If the latter happens you can send them a "rejection of their rejection" letter back.

Good luck!


Just wondering, do you find out acceptance by email or by postal mail?


could be a phone call, email or snail mail. Usually 2 out of those 3. Of course phone call and email get to you before the snail mail letter/package.


You forgot status checker!!! Thats how I found out for one of my schools last year.

I found out acceptances through status checker and snail mail. Waitlist through email... :x

And, lastly, there are admitted students sites that you'll be able to log into once your decision is rendered but before you've gotten it. For some applicants, refreshing the status checker every five minutes just isn't enough. :D

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12383
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: When do the acceptance/rejection letters start showing up?

Postby gdane » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:26 pm

Ahh yea. Thats right. That little trick of trying to log into the admitted students site. I tried that trick every day for about 2 weeks while I was waiting for Georgetown to get back to me. Ha! What a joke! I knew there was a 100% chance I was going to be rejected, but they took so damn long I started wondering that maybe the impossible happened. Haha!




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cctv, Ferrisjso, MSNbot Media and 6 guests