Test Center Change Fee

arean.ryan

Test Center Change Fee

Postby arean.ryan » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:07 am

Is this unavoidable? It seems a little crazy to me that the only available test center when I registered 4 weeks ago was 75 miles away, and now that a new one has opened only 20 miles I am going to be charged $35...Is this a case where I would have been better delaying registration..smh..

Knock

Re: Test Center Change Fee

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:11 am

arean.ryan wrote:Is this unavoidable? It seems a little crazy to me that the only available test center when I registered 4 weeks ago was 75 miles away, and now that a new one has opened only 20 miles I am going to be charged $35...Is this a case where I would have been better delaying registration..smh..

I think that's just the luck of the draw. As long as there's a test center within 100 miles they don't have to do anythign special for you. It will probably cost you a decent amount in gas anyways not to mention time to drive the extra 55 miles each way. I would just eat the cost, you dont' want to have to wake up an extra hour early to drive 75 miles for an 8:30 am test check-in, and getting a hotel room would cost much more than $35.

arean.ryan

Postby arean.ryan » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:24 am

Oh I am more than willing to pay, I was planning on getting a hotel next to my test site anyway, so overall I will be saving. It just seems ridiculous to me that I would be monetarily penalized for doing something ahead of time.
The LSAC institution is contrived of cheap scum bag policy.

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:26 am

arean.ryan wrote:Oh I am more than willing to pay, I was planning on getting a hotel next to my test site anyway, so overall I will be saving. It just seems ridiculous to me that I would be monetarily penalized for doing something ahead of time.

Yup, I think that's actually a nicer opinion you have compared to how many, many people feel about LSAC.

bp colin

Postby bp colin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:01 am

arean.ryan wrote:Oh I am more than willing to pay, I was planning on getting a hotel next to my test site anyway, so overall I will be saving. It just seems ridiculous to me that I would be monetarily penalized for doing something ahead of time.

PT 47 Oct. 2005 Sec. 2 #18

kazu

Postby kazu » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:04 am

arean.ryan wrote:The LSAC institution is contrived of cheap scum bag policy.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”