limited availability?

florencezx

limited availability?

Postby florencezx » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:21 pm

I want to change my Oct. test center but the center I want to move to has limited availability. What does that mean? Thanks! By the way, anyone who's taken the test in Georgetown Law Center and UMD? Which one is better?

Thanks a lot!

Knock

Re: limited availability?

Postby Knock » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:05 am

florencezx wrote:I want to change my Oct. test center but the center I want to move to has limited availability. What does that mean? Thanks! By the way, anyone who's taken the test in Georgetown Law Center and UMD? Which one is better?

Thanks a lot!

I couldn't find out what limited availability meant in the context of an LSAT administration through a brief Google and TLS search. I would just try and register and see if it lets you.

As far as test centers, here is a somewhat helpful site:
--LinkRemoved--

GULC

Rating: 8

Comments: Nice big tables, comfy chairs but took forever to check in and begin. Some deductions for inefficiency. I didn't get out of the test until after 2:00. And after waiting 20 minutes in line to have my ID checked, I was pointed to a separate line for finger printing, I shit you not.

Proctors allowed several bathroom breaks before the test began. As long as you arrive in a zen state of mind and don't let all the holdups bug you, it's really worth it to test at GULC.

UPDATE 2009: Two lines no longer an issue. Testing site was awesome.

Is UMD University of Maryland? I couldn't find that school on the Wiki.

Good luck.

Edit: Okay, I did some more searching for you, and I found this in the comments section of an LSAT-related blog:

FML checked LSAC website 2 days ago, USC had ‘limited availability’ for Oct, but was too lazy to go downstairs to grab my credit card. checked yesterday, USC was FULL. now registered for UCLA, but no car in LA = epic FAIL.

in a nutshell, STOP READING THIS AND GO SIGN UP NOW

should i try standby @ USC? or too risky? what time would i need to be there by?

I'm guessing from that comment that limited availability means there are only a few spots left, and you should sign up ASAP before it fills up!

florencezx

Re: limited availability?

Postby florencezx » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:52 am

Knockglock wrote:
florencezx wrote:I want to change my Oct. test center but the center I want to move to has limited availability. What does that mean? Thanks! By the way, anyone who's taken the test in Georgetown Law Center and UMD? Which one is better?

Thanks a lot!

I couldn't find out what limited availability meant in the context of an LSAT administration through a brief Google and TLS search. I would just try and register and see if it lets you.

As far as test centers, here is a somewhat helpful site:
--LinkRemoved--

GULC

Rating: 8

Comments: Nice big tables, comfy chairs but took forever to check in and begin. Some deductions for inefficiency. I didn't get out of the test until after 2:00. And after waiting 20 minutes in line to have my ID checked, I was pointed to a separate line for finger printing, I shit you not.

Proctors allowed several bathroom breaks before the test began. As long as you arrive in a zen state of mind and don't let all the holdups bug you, it's really worth it to test at GULC.

UPDATE 2009: Two lines no longer an issue. Testing site was awesome.

Is UMD University of Maryland? I couldn't find that school on the Wiki.

Good luck.

Edit: Okay, I did some more searching for you, and I found this in the comments section of an LSAT-related blog:

FML checked LSAC website 2 days ago, USC had ‘limited availability’ for Oct, but was too lazy to go downstairs to grab my credit card. checked yesterday, USC was FULL. now registered for UCLA, but no car in LA = epic FAIL.

in a nutshell, STOP READING THIS AND GO SIGN UP NOW

should i try standby @ USC? or too risky? what time would i need to be there by?

I'm guessing from that comment that limited availability means there are only a few spots left, and you should sign up ASAP before it fills up!

This is very helpful! Thank you so much! I changed it to GULC. Hopefully it is more efficient now.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”