December 2010 Prep

faexylona

December 2010 Prep

Postby faexylona » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:46 pm

I could not find the December 2010 post, so here it is. Yes, I am one of those people who have chosen to take the December test. Starting today, I am on my road to get at least a 170. Are there others who are taking the December 2010 test? how you doing so far?

thesybarite

Re: December 2010 Prep

Postby thesybarite » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:54 pm

Yes...I will be taking this too. 170 is a great goal.

I'm lacking time/motivation to study...

2011Law

Postby 2011Law » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:25 pm

faexylona wrote:I could not find the December 2010 post, so here it is. Yes, I am one of those people who have chosen to take the December test. Starting today, I am on my road to get at least a 170. Are there others who are taking the December 2010 test? how you doing so far?

At least two other threads dedicated to Dec 2010, one of them created by me.

thesybarite wrote:Yes...I will be taking this too. 170 is a great goal.

I'm lacking time/motivation to study...

Also aiming for 170. I originally planned on taking the Oct LSAT, but I was dumb and didn't really plan anything out, and got maybe 5 hours of studying done a week the last two months of summer. Created a schedule and have kept at it to the letter, right on track to finish the games from "Next 10" (already did the other sections) and PTs 40-60 by December (already read the bibles).

Right now I'm at about 157. Plan to be at about 165 at the end of this month. LG is a major problem for me (takes me about 55 min to finish and I still get 6 wrong), but I also just started working on it, so I hope to have it down in about a month.

FYI though, if I didn't have school trying to get straight As, I'd probably still be taking in Oct, cause applying in Jan (the earliest you can apply if you take in Dec) will hurt your chances at schools that you're on the line for (check LSN), and where ever you do get in you will not get as much money you could have gotten. So my advice is to only take in Dec (aiming for this cycle) if you can't reach your top score by Oct and if you can't (or like me and REALLY don't want to) wait an extra year to start law school.

Good luck

maxpower430

Postby maxpower430 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:41 pm

i'm also shooting for december, i just took my first diagnostic tonight (161) tho i had numerous interruptions so who knows if it means anything, i plan on looking at my mistakes/tackling some more of LGB/LRB and taking another test on sat to get a feel for where i am. i'm shooting for a 170 too, tho really i'd like to get into the low 170s.

i have a similar problem with logic games, just tough getting the time down, very frustrating. also for w/e reason i'm not so hot at flaw/assumption/weaken, considering 9 of my 12 wrong questions were from there, really hoping the LRB helps.

and yea, everyone here has advised against taking the dec lsat for this admissions cycle, and i am probably gonna wait a cycle, but i'm currently very motivated to study so i feel like i should keep up my momentum, and see where i can get myself in the next few months

Maury Levy

Postby Maury Levy » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:10 pm

Put me down too...

Took December 2009. Confident I can do better. Last time I studied hard, now I'm going to study smart (and hard!)

I'm on a "90 day off-the-grid" schedule, where I took lsatblog's 3-month schedule and modified it a bit, and broke it down into a day-by-day format. One copy goes in my cubicle; another goes on my bathroom mirror.

Good luck all!

penguin

Postby penguin » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Maury Levy wrote:Put me down too...

Took December 2009. Confident I can do better. Last time I studied hard, now I'm going to study smart (and hard!)

I'm on a "90 day off-the-grid" schedule, where I took lsatblog's 3-month schedule and modified it a bit, and broke it down into a day-by-day format. One copy goes in my cubicle; another goes on my bathroom mirror.

Good luck all!

I am doing the LSAT Blog plan as well :) although I am not planning to take Dec 2010, I'm actually aiming for Feb 2010. But if I could get to 165+ by Dec, I might take the test earlier since I don't feel like waitng for 2 more years for a law school.

So far, I like the LSAT Blog plan (I'm only at the third week), what do you think of the plan? I also plan my schedule week by week based on the LSAT Blog plan.

Maury Levy

Postby Maury Levy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:30 pm

penguin wrote:
I am doing the LSAT Blog plan as well :) although I am not planning to take Dec 2010, I'm actually aiming for Feb 2010. But if I could get to 165+ by Dec, I might take the test earlier since I don't feel like waitng for 2 more years for a law school.

So far, I like the LSAT Blog plan (I'm only at the third week), what do you think of the plan? I also plan my schedule week by week based on the LSAT Blog plan.

I haven't started it in full force yet, but it looks solid compared to what I was doing last year (basically taking prep tests willy nilly and doing a cursory review). I have already read the bibles (twice), so much of that will be review.

faexylona

Postby faexylona » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:24 pm

Score went down by three points :cry: still not close to where I want to be. Biggest obstacle: time. This coming week is all about logic games.

emmer79

Postby emmer79 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:53 pm

I'm shooting for December too, but may wait until February. Right now I'm waiting for all my books so I pretty much read the forums hoping that will get me in the LSAT state of mind. Until I can start studying I'll just think about studying. :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”