Dead End

etshin

Dead End

Postby etshin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:29 am

I have been studying for a month while taking a prep course. I took a prep test today and my score did not improve at all. I was shocked and became very discouraged. I know I shouldn't give up, but am starting to lose motivation though. Is there any tips on improved studying skills or putting everything together? It's because whenever I take a PT, it seems lke i forget to apply everything that I learned :( damn
Life is tough...

kazu

Re: Dead End

Postby kazu » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:34 am

I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but just keep practicing, drilling and reviewing. For most people, including me, there isn't gradual improvement on the LSAT - it usually goes in sudden increases overnight then stagnation for weeks. Don't lose hope, you will improve if you keep studying.

etshin

Postby etshin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:40 am

thanks so much for your reply. It really means a lot haha. Yeah I won't give up and I will keep trying. This is what I really want to do in the future and I should work for this if I really want it!

am060459

Postby am060459 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:41 am

since you havent gives us specific information about your trouble areas im going to assume its widespread. i would first focus on LG. get the LGB and drill them. its the "easiest" way to improve your score.

maybe give us some details about your test, study schedules and habits and we can help.

good luck.

etshin

Postby etshin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:51 am

i'm taking a prepcourse and going through the homework everyday. The homework I focus on is LR and I have gone through pretty much every question type and each homework is around 80-100 questions. I would do a set of 10 questions, check my answers, go over the ones i did wrong and then do another 10. I have been doing this for about a month, but what's going on? what else can i do?

am060459

Postby am060459 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:55 am

etshin wrote:i'm taking a prepcourse and going through the homework everyday. The homework I focus on is LR and I have gone through pretty much every question type and each homework is around 80-100 questions. I would do a set of 10 questions, check my answers, go over the ones i did wrong and then do another 10. I have been doing this for about a month, but what's going on? what else can i do?

sounds like your taking Testmasters.

look up the Bibles from powerscore. they have one for each section (Logical Reasoning Bible, Logic Games Bible and Reading Comprehension Bible). there is no point in doing questions if you dont understand whats being asked or how to look for things. I believe you can get all three books from powerscore for around $140.

http://www.powerscore.com/content_publications.cfm (The PowerScore LSAT Bible Trilogy - $139.99)

etshin

Postby etshin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:58 am

thank you so much. I have the logic games bible and after going through that one I feel that all i Need to do is put in the practice for games but I am just frustrated that all the time i put into lr, there has been no progress...
thanks sooo much though

kazu

Postby kazu » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:03 am

etshin wrote:thank you so much. I have the logic games bible and after going through that one I feel that all i Need to do is put in the practice for games but I am just frustrated that all the time i put into lr, there has been no progress...
thanks sooo much though

For LR, reviewing questions thoroughly is really really important. Not only the ones you got wrong but also the ones that were difficult for you. For every hour you spend doing a PT, you should be spending at least an hour reviewing. Try to understand at least 3 things for each: why the right answer's right, why your answer's wrong, and why you got the question wrong.

Good luck!

Sh@keNb@ke

Postby Sh@keNb@ke » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:07 am

I'm not sure if this is going to help, but if you're having a problem with LR one huge thing that has been helping me recently is paraphrasing. If you can read the stimulus and have a general idea about how you need to strengthen/weaken the argument before you head to the questions you can vastly improve your accuracy and speed. Good luck! I feel your pain, on my third diagnostic I dropped down to a one point increase from my first diagnostic... Keep practicing!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”