prep test memory

boogie with stu

prep test memory

Postby boogie with stu » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:05 pm

If i took certain LG sections on some prep tests over 2 months ago, do you think i could retake them without remembering or recognizing them?

Adjudicator

Re: prep test memory

Postby Adjudicator » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:08 pm

On some unconscious level, you would recognize the problems.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:20 pm

if you did them and got them right you would remember how you got to that answer probably. But if youre like me and did them and was completely clueless, you dont remember too much.

boogie with stu

Postby boogie with stu » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:22 pm

Adjudicator wrote:On some unconscious level, you would recognize the problems.

if this is so, do you think there is any benefit in redoing them?

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:40 pm

boogie with stu wrote:if this is so, do you think there is any benefit in redoing them?

...YES. Redoing any LG section as many times as is humanly possible until you have milked it so hard that you have the answers memorized is the best way to improve on LGs. You increase your frame of reference in immediate recall so that when a new game pops up on the test, you'll probably recognize at the very least some aspects of its form and function.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:42 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:
boogie with stu wrote:if this is so, do you think there is any benefit in redoing them?

...YES. Redoing any LG section as many times as is humanly possible until you have milked it so hard that you have the answers memorized is the best way to improve on LGs. You increase your frame of reference in immediate recall so that when a new game pops up on the test, you'll probably recognize at the very least some aspects of its form and function.

Yeah, I agree... if there were infinite variability in LG problems, I would say no, but I suspect that repeating and mastering old problems might help prepare you for new ones because the new ones can only mix things up so much.

Sooner or later, you're bound to find all problems somewhat familiar.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”