For retakers: Can less practice = More

jarofsoup

For retakers: Can less practice = More

Postby jarofsoup » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:23 pm

I have taken the LSAT a bunch of times and get a lot of test anxiety. I have experienced burn out a lot when I have been studying.

On my last test I got a 157. High enough to get in some where. I am taking the test again. I practice test in the mid to high 160s.

I am taking a test every saturday and a 35 minute test during my lunch break at work.

I really dont have much time to study more. But has anyone had a good experience with just chilling out and taking it easy?

I practice test well just want to stay relaxed.

Gemini

Re: For retakers: Can less practice = More

Postby Gemini » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:29 pm

jarofsoup wrote:I have taken the LSAT a bunch of times and get a lot of test anxiety. I have experienced burn out a lot when I have been studying.

On my last test I got a 157. High enough to get in some where. I am taking the test again. I practice test in the mid to high 160s.

I am taking a test every saturday and a 35 minute test during my lunch break at work.

I really dont have much time to study more. But has anyone had a good experience with just chilling out and taking it easy?

YES. I got a score in the 150's the first time I did the test in June 2009. Did nothing except take a test or two in the interim between tests. Scored a 163 in Sept 09. I do believe that anxiety played a MAJOR role on my first try. Unfortunately, 163 is STILL not enough for me, and am retaking for the FINAL time in October and am PRAYING it'll be 170+.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:33 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:I have taken the LSAT a bunch of times and get a lot of test anxiety. I have experienced burn out a lot when I have been studying.

YES. I got a score in the 150's the first time I did the test in June 2009. Did nothing except take a test or two in the interim between tests. Scored a 163 in Sept 09. I do believe that anxiety played a MAJOR role on my first try. Unfortunately, 163 is STILL not enough for me, and am retaking for the FINAL time in October and am PRAYING it'll be 170+.

I would be happy with that score. Where do you want to go?

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:41 pm

Honestly, that all depends on my score in October.

The higher I get, the higher my standards will rise.

If I get 170+, I'll definitely try to shoot for T14.

High 160's, Vanderbilt would be really nice.

Below that, I don't even want to think about it, lol.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:48 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Honestly, that all depends on my score in October.

The higher I get, the higher my standards will rise.

If I get 170+, I'll definitely try to shoot for T14.

High 160's, Vanderbilt would be really nice.

Below that, I don't even want to think about it, lol.

Yeah I have stopped looking at law school predictor, and all that crap and just saying I will get what I get. Seriously I would like a 167-170 but a 164-5 would be nice. Looking at the University of Cali's

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:01 pm

Good Luck!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”