DAMN LGs

Blindc1rca

DAMN LGs

Postby Blindc1rca » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:03 am

I've read the LGB, but I just take too much time on the easy LGs (like 10 min) and generally get completely flustered by one game on each test... I'm doing relatively well on the other sections but I feel like I'm stuck with these games. Every test throws me some goddamn curve ball that leaves me clueless as to how to diagram. Case in point PT30 which I did today...
|-2LR|-3LR|-0RC|-8LG|

Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:evil: :evil: :evil:

That's really it. Just an angry rant.

DAMMIT!

Pleasye

Re: DAMN LGs

Postby Pleasye » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:06 am

I feel you on that! I ALWAYS get flustered by a game...maybe even two. blah. Then later when I look at an explanation or just look at the game again I realize it WAS possible to do the game.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:08 am

join the club. I do a lot better on more recent PTs but the older ones absolutely kill me...

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:23 am

I'm banking on that.... Hoping that once I get into the 40's/50's I'll have a better grasp just as they start getting easier...

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:35 am

Is -0 RC typical for you? If so, I'd swap LG for RC performance with you any day of the week, since RC is much harder to learn that LG.

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:38 am

Ragged wrote:Is -0 RC typical for you? If so, I'd swap LG for RC performance with you any day of the week, since RC is much harder to learn that LG.

not typical, but not atypical. i'm usually between -0 and -3 on RC, depending on how tired I am/how interesting I find the passages/how loud my neighbors are.

everybody keeps telling me LGs are the easiest to improve on. show me howwwww

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:44 am

Blindc1rca wrote:I'm banking on that.... Hoping that once I get into the 40's/50's I'll have a better grasp just as they start getting easier...

Ive found that if I just do games, games , games, eventually my mind gets into LG mode and it comes a little easier. Repeating games too ... because there are only so many tricks / curveballs they can try and test you on for the most part I've found. Structure and inferences get repeated.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:46 am

Blindc1rca wrote:
Ragged wrote:Is -0 RC typical for you? If so, I'd swap LG for RC performance with you any day of the week, since RC is much harder to learn that LG.

not typical, but not atypical. i'm usually between -0 and -3 on RC, depending on how tired I am/how interesting I find the passages/how loud my neighbors are.

everybody keeps telling me LGs are the easiest to improve on. show me howwwww

Do a shit tone of them under timed conditions. Do inferences before starting the questions - that's something I used to neglect untill I realized that its better to take a minute or so to see if you can make some key inferences and then breeze through the questions than doing a bunch of hypotheticals.

millanda

Postby millanda » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:24 am

I am in a really similar situation. My other sections aren't perfect (averaging -3), but my logic games are, like, -9. They're brutal. I can get the easy ones well enough, but if there's any peculiarity to them (or if they're unbalanced or undefined), I enter a daze and have no idea what to do.

I'm going to try repeating games and re-reading the bible, because I definitely think I missed out on some of the techniques. Let me know if you come up with any particular method that works! And good luck.

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:22 pm

ha! this is ridiculous. I did timed LG sections from PTs 19 and 20 today and I went -3 on both. Inconsistent much?

Again...
AHH!!!!!!!

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:37 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:ha! this is ridiculous. I did timed LG sections from PTs 19 and 20 today and I went -3 on both. Inconsistent much?

Again...
AHH!!!!!!!

Maybe you're improving? I wish it was as easy to us as it seems to be for everyone else on this forum! :cry:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”