heres the deal

northwood

heres the deal

Postby northwood » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:49 pm

the past ferw days I have been having trouble getting myself focused and in gear to study. When I went to take a prep test this weekend, I couldnt concentrate, and ended up putting the test away, and started to work on LG and RC instead. Today, I tried to force myself to get through some LR, and i started to make careless mistakes and not really care. I am pretty sure I am starting to burnout, but I am worried about taking time off for October. I was planning on starting doing 2 tests/ week this week, but I think I should put that off until next week. Is this normal? Would it be a wise idea to take a vacation from prep for 2 days or so? I am allready feeling guilty about not doing the prep test, and possibly losing any information/ strategies that I have made.

GoGetIt

Re: heres the deal

Postby GoGetIt » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:33 pm

One or two days shouldn't be a big deal, especially if your feeling burned out. Hey, it happens man, we're human. If you really feel that guilty about not doing anything at all during the downtime, maybe just do one passage, 1 or 2 LR questions, and/or a game. If you at least do that, you'll have a little something under your belt without going overboard. However, even with that being said, I would just put the LSAT away for a day or two if I were you, completely. Regardless, good luck!

Pip

Postby Pip » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:15 am

northwood wrote:the past ferw days I have been having trouble getting myself focused and in gear to study. When I went to take a prep test this weekend, I couldnt concentrate, and ended up putting the test away, and started to work on LG and RC instead. Today, I tried to force myself to get through some LR, and i started to make careless mistakes and not really care. I am pretty sure I am starting to burnout, but I am worried about taking time off for October. I was planning on starting doing 2 tests/ week this week, but I think I should put that off until next week. Is this normal? Would it be a wise idea to take a vacation from prep for 2 days or so? I am allready feeling guilty about not doing the prep test, and possibly losing any information/ strategies that I have made.

Adderall... they don't do drug tests at the LSAT remember that.

Rocketman11

Postby Rocketman11 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Pip wrote:
northwood wrote:the past ferw days I have been having trouble getting myself focused and in gear to study. When I went to take a prep test this weekend, I couldnt concentrate, and ended up putting the test away, and started to work on LG and RC instead. Today, I tried to force myself to get through some LR, and i started to make careless mistakes and not really care. I am pretty sure I am starting to burnout, but I am worried about taking time off for October. I was planning on starting doing 2 tests/ week this week, but I think I should put that off until next week. Is this normal? Would it be a wise idea to take a vacation from prep for 2 days or so? I am allready feeling guilty about not doing the prep test, and possibly losing any information/ strategies that I have made.

If you need adderall (without diagnosed ADD) you're obviously too stupid to get into LS on your own merits. Consider another career path, you're just going to end up failing at law.

MiamiUG

Postby MiamiUG » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Rocketman11 wrote:
Pip wrote:

If you need adderall (without diagnosed ADD) you're obviously too stupid to get into LS on your own merits. Consider another career path, you're just going to end up failing at law.

lol @ rocketman talking out of his ass.

St.Remy

Postby St.Remy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Take a few days off from practicing if you feel burned out. Take a day to chill and do nothing. But after those couple days you really need to get back to it. For the October test it's going to be crunch time soon and if you haven't been taking 2 PTs per week then you're probably going to want to kick your studying up a notch. This is assuming you haven't hit your desired score yet and still feel capable of improving. If you've already hit your desired score then you won't have to increase the amount that you study.

Rocketman11

Postby Rocketman11 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:11 pm

MiamiUG wrote:lol @ rocketman talking out of his ass.

lol @ anyone at Miami thinking they're going to do well in life too. Maybe you should take performance enhancing drugs. Testicles be damned, I'd start juicing too if I were you.

gdane

Postby gdane » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:37 pm

Rocketman11 wrote:
MiamiUG wrote:lol @ rocketman talking out of his ass.

lol @ anyone at Miami thinking they're going to do well in life too. Maybe you should take performance enhancing drugs. Testicles be damned, I'd start juicing too if I were you.

Hahaha! Love it! UMiami can suck my ballsack!

Also, Northwood. Youre doing well to this point, arent you? I would recommend taking it easy. Also, if you arent already doing so, work out. Run, lift weights, burn physical energy. This helps you feel good physically, mentally and emotionally. Eat healthy. Eat the right kinds of foods to give you the right kind of energy. Take a look at the factors around you besides the LSAT.

Good luck!

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:25 pm

lol at the adderall. Its a good suggestion, but it doesnt apply to me.

I took the past 2 days off and spent the time away from lsat and prep in general. When I came back, I did a timed section in RC, LG and LR( all from pt 31) Happy to report ( assuming anyone besides me cares ha!- gotta lol at your own self sometimes or the world will have a better time laughing at you for taking everything too seriously) that I was able to get -6 LG,( on pt 31) -7LR and -9RC. While I am not totally satisified with the scores, I am happy with how my performace has gotten better this far. Most of my mistakes were due to skimming over a word in LR ( and getting the question wrong), making a stupid mistake in LG ( GRAWW) and only doing 3 sections in RC and looking at the last section with 5 minutes left.

I guess the biggest thing to remember is that a score of 164 + is better than 90% of all test takers, and life isnt over if you arent one of them. I would love to score this high, and feel that I have a decent shot at it, but I am still happy with where I currently am at.

thanks for all of the help and suggestions!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”