help~~ pt.36, s.3. q.25

daisy008

help~~ pt.36, s.3. q.25

Postby daisy008 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:27 pm

could anyone plsss explain that question to me through formal logic ?? thank u! i'm so lost on that one:(

Knock

Re: help~~ pt.36, s.3. q.25

Postby Knock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:56 am

daisy008 wrote:could anyone plsss explain that question to me through formal logic ?? thank u! i'm so lost on that one:(

PM it to me and I can try and help you out.

Anaconda

Postby Anaconda » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:11 pm

Your problem is that this isn't really a standard formal logic question! The stimulus in is this one is a beast, but if you break it down slowly, you actually are rewarded with 4 pretty bad answer choices, and one answer choice which should have been similar to your prephrase.

I don't recommend diagramming this one since the conditional relationships are hard to decipher, and it's not even necessary to tackle the answer choices.

The key here is we are ONLY concerned about innate disposition and social conditioning.

A-D are all out of scope.

Postby 2807 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:22 pm

Anaconda wrote:Your problem is that this isn't really a standard formal logic question! The stimulus in is this one is a beast, but if you break it down slowly, you actually are rewarded with 4 pretty bad answer choices, and one answer choice which should have been similar to your prephrase.

I don't recommend diagramming this one since the conditional relationships are hard to decipher, and it's not even necessary to tackle the answer choices.

The key here is we are ONLY concerned about innate disposition and social conditioning.

Isn't the answer D ? And by D it shows the flaw-- that it is not really a one-or-the-other decision (as the conclusion asserts). D says, "hey, it can be a little of both." The stim failed to consider that...

Anaconda

Postby Anaconda » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:19 pm

2807 wrote:
Anaconda wrote:Your problem is that this isn't really a standard formal logic question! The stimulus in is this one is a beast, but if you break it down slowly, you actually are rewarded with 4 pretty bad answer choices, and one answer choice which should have been similar to your prephrase.

Isn't the answer D ? And by D it shows the flaw-- that it is not really a one-or-the-other decision (as the conclusion asserts). D says, "hey, it can be a little of both." The stim failed to consider that...

Whoops, meant A-C and E. :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”