Kaplan Prep Tests

Geetar Man

Kaplan Prep Tests

Postby Geetar Man » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:48 pm

Fellow TLS members:

I am in a Kaplan course right now, which I find completely useless. Reason for this is that I feel that powerscore (powerscore bibles in specific) has a better approach for answering questions on all three sections of the test.
Regardless of that, I was wondering if anyone on TLS has taken a look at the Prep tests that Kaplan offers and if they are good to use for practice.
Kaplan has about 60 online that are downloadable and printable. I have printed out all 60 and I plan to share them with a friend, as we prep for the LSAT.
So I guess my questions are: Do these prep tests accurately reflect the difficulty and questions that will actually be on the test? Or are these questions made by Kaplan to imitate questions that are actually on the tests? Is the "Official Prep Test" book any better than these prep tests offered by Kaplan?

As a side note, the prep tests are labeled by the year that they were "administered" and it says inside that they were reproduced with the permission of LSAC. (I'm really a pessimist when it comes to Kaplan, I have the idea that they are a bunch of "krooks".)

Any input will be greatly appreciated...
Thanks!

LSAT Blog

Re: Kaplan Prep Tests

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:03 pm

Those are real, previously-administered, LSAT exams. They're not written by Kaplan - they're the ones written by LSAC.

As such, they're perfectly fine for practice. The same exams you already have are contained within the "Official PrepTest" books.

Geetar Man

Re: Kaplan Prep Tests

Postby Geetar Man » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Thank you for the quick reply!!! Thats all, folks!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”