Local Logic games

artvandellay

Local Logic games

Postby artvandellay » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:57 pm

on average I am doing much worse with local questions than with global questions, but cannot figure out why. does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this, aside from obviously doing more questions?

Also I can generally only get 3 done...i am sure this is a very common question, are there any strategies other than doing more problems (already doing this), to help speed myself along? practice drills, etc?

thanks

arean.ryan

Re: Local Logic games

Postby arean.ryan » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:05 pm

locals really slow me down too bud, I just try and knock out as many hypotheticals as possible, but I'm interested to see what people say

gdane

Postby gdane » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:10 pm

Keep very good track of your work. You can almost always go back and use work to answer a question, even a local one. For instance, if a question asks "if G is 3rd, what could be true?" go back and check your work for a hypo in which G is 3rd and use that.

I found that when I started keeping all my work nice and neat, I really improved on LG.

Good luck!

kazu

Postby kazu » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:13 pm

gdane5 wrote:Keep very good track of your work. You can almost always go back and use work to answer a question, even a local one. For instance, if a question asks "if G is 3rd, what could be true?" go back and check your work for a hypo in which G is 3rd and use that.

I found that when I started keeping all my work nice and neat, I really improved on LG.

Good luck!

Bolded is very true. Also, check previous answer choices as well. The "valid" ones (ones not selected on "what is NOT correct", or the ones selected on "what is correct") can almost always be re-used as well.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”