Reviewing Reading Comp after Preptest??

313D313

Reviewing Reading Comp after Preptest??

Postby 313D313 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:04 pm

any ideas on how to review the reading comp section after taking a preptest??

3|ink

Re: Reviewing Reading Comp after Preptest??

Postby 3|ink » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:05 pm

For every question I get wrong, I look for specific references in the passage that should have lead me to the correct answer. The idea is that you eventually pick up on the most commonly questioned aspects of passages.

313D313

Postby 313D313 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:22 pm

3|ink wrote:For every question I get wrong, I look for specific references in the passage that should have lead me to the correct answer. The idea is that you eventually pick up on the most commonly questioned aspects of passages.

Thank you.
Do you ever reread the passage, especially for ones that you felt were tough?

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:11 pm

Personally when I review RC, I also like to skim through all the ones I got right. Especially the ones that I remember being difficult. I look for the possible traps that I avoided, and ask myself what I liked about the correct answer.

It is important not only to understand why you chose wrong answers, but sometimes also why you chose correct ones.

313D313

Postby 313D313 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:51 pm

Adjudicator wrote:Personally when I review RC, I also like to skim through all the ones I got right. Especially the ones that I remember being difficult. I look for the possible traps that I avoided, and ask myself what I liked about the correct answer.

It is important not only to understand why you chose wrong answers, but sometimes also why you chose correct ones.

Thank you. Solid advice, reviewing reading comp is so freaking boring! So i usually only go through the wrong ones. I obviously need to do more because i need to improve my RC score.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:52 pm

313D313 wrote:
3|ink wrote:For every question I get wrong, I look for specific references in the passage that should have lead me to the correct answer. The idea is that you eventually pick up on the most commonly questioned aspects of passages.

Thank you.
Do you ever reread the passage, especially for ones that you felt were tough?

Only as much as necessary to answer the question I missed.

313D313

Postby 313D313 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:58 pm

I find that on the RC sections that i score poorly, i usually struggle with the first passage and spend too much time on it and then i have to rush through the third and fourth passages.

I know i can do well on ths section because at times i can go through a really tough passage and not understand it as well but still be able to get the majority of the questions right because i have an overall understanding of the passage.
And there are times when i make really stupid mistakes on passages that i understand well. I am trying to tighten up my performance on this section, every point is valuable!

DGLitcH

Postby DGLitcH » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:55 pm

313D313 wrote:I know i can do well on ths section because at times i can go through a really tough passage and not understand it as well but still be able to get the majority of the questions right because i have an overall understanding of the passage.
And there are times when i make really stupid mistakes on passages that i understand well. I am trying to tighten up my performance on this section, every point is valuable!

I am like you in that respect. But this is because those harder passages are followed by easier questions whereas easier passages are followed by harder questions.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”