PT 48, LG 4

cp16

PT 48, LG 4

Postby cp16 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:08 pm

I usually don't have that much trouble with logic games, but for some reason I can't wrap my head around this one. I diagram the game as follows:

Folk: G,H,L
Rock: P,Q.T

N:_ _ _ _
S:_ _ _ _

I have times listed under boxes and XX in bottom left and upper right corners.

My problem is that I can't make any real solid inferences combining rules and this is causing me to have to juggle all the information around in my head. I'm just wondering how other people went about solving this game and what their thought process was when making inferences. I feel like I'm missing something obvious cause usually inferences just jump out at me.

Adjudicator

Re: PT 48, LG 4

Postby Adjudicator » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:12 pm

When you diagram the stages, make sure you line up the times so that they match. That helps.

H and Q both must follow certain other elements and you should be able to infer some things about where they must fit.

Also, since L and T can't be on the same stage, then each stage must have one of them. That is a valuable inference.

Also, keep in mind the rule about 10:00. Basically, it means that 10:00 must either both be rock groups, or both be folk groups. That is very limiting.

cp16

Re: PT 48, LG 4

Postby cp16 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:30 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I actually got most of those inferences. I have H and Q cannot be at 6 and G cannot be at 12. Also got the one regarding all rock stars or all folk at 10. Most of this to me just seemed to be spin offs of individual rules. Are there any inferences you can make by combining rules? Did you simply make a few hypotheticals after making the inferences above? Using those inferences I was able to limit most answers down to 2 or 3 choices but couldn't limit it down to one. I guess maybe this game is suppose to be a bit more time consuming, requiring multiple hypotheticals considering the first three games took 5 or 6 minutes each. I just never liked the idea of pumping out hypotheticals to solve problems. Always felt like I didn't know the game as well as I should when doing this.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”