powerscore bibles/class prep Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
la2011

New

powerscore bibles/class prep

Post by la2011 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:53 pm

For those of you who took a PowerScore course, is the material presented in class identical to the PS bibles? I already enrolled in the Dec test prep class, but I already have the LG bible..and I am tempted to get the LR bible too. But of course, I don't want to waste money if all the material will be presented in class.

media2law

New

Re: powerscore bibles/class prep

Post by media2law » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:41 pm

For the most part, the same info covered in the class can be found in the bibles. The chapters are arranged differently in the class. The class homework has many more drills than can be found in the bibles.

txadv11

Silver

Re: powerscore bibles/class prep

Post by txadv11 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:35 am

I have done PowerScore's weekend class, and am currently in the full-length course. (over half completed)

My opinion/what I have seen:

The weekend course is pretty intense (I had overload after 16 hrs in 2 days) = 1 big book=2 eight hour days (back-to-back) In this situation I WOULD buy the bibles.

The Full-length course allows MUCH more time for extra questions, practice, proctored tests etc = 4-5 big books= roughly 15 four hour sessions & 4 proctored PTs

From what my instructor said, "The full-length class offers you the chance to do around 4000-5000 problems"
"Most of the bibles are included in some form of fashion in this class" (as either practice tests, homework, drills, in-class review)
Also supposedly unlike some other companies, PS uses only previously administered LSAT questions, not some made up crap that is irrelevant.

I wouldn't do the class and the bibles, but then again it probably couldn't hurt.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”