Should I change my test date?

Adjudicator

Should I change my test date?

Postby Adjudicator » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:25 pm

I'm scheduled to retake the LSAT in December; I'm targeting a school that claims not to review applications until January, so I figured that my score would come in pretty much just in time.

However, I'm starting to think that I'm ready, or close to being ready, and that maybe I should take the test in October. I'm scoring consistently in the 175-180 range on PTs. I just got a 179 today. I feel so close already that I think one more month of studying will be plenty, and 3 more months could be overkill.

Does anyone see any reason why I shouldn't bump up my test date to October?

Upton Sinclair

Re: Should I change my test date?

Postby Upton Sinclair » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:33 pm

I think you should take it in October. Take full advantage of rolling admissions (you never know; you may end up changing your mind and attending another school).

In my experience, overstudying cost me. I took my "diagnostic" after reading the Logic Games Bible (no studying for RC or LR) and scored a 170. After some more studying I was hitting 174-175. I felt ready, but I kept plugging away because I still had weeks before the test. My final PTs before the real deal: 167, 166, 168. I felt lucky to pull off the 170 that I did.

Sometimes we all just try to do too much. If you are scoring 175-180; you're ready. Just take it slow until October and let your preparation and natural ability take over. Good luck.

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:34 pm

Definitely take it in October. An extra 2 months could just be your downfall, esp. considering your apps would be considered early in October and late by the time you send them in January with a December test date. Good luck next month!

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Thanks for the input... I was leaning towards taking it in October; I just needed some encouragement.

glucose101

Postby glucose101 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:05 pm

Take it in Oct. No doubt, esp if you're scoring where you want to be.

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:08 pm

Adjudicator wrote:Thanks for the input... I was leaning towards taking it in October; I just needed some encouragement.

yay encouragement!

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:17 pm

I am constantly amazed at how relatively positive and supportive this forum is, compared to most other places on the internet.

Especially considering all the doom and gloom about the economy and the legal job market; there are a lot of bitter people out there, but it doesn't seem to have affected this place too much. People are mostly realistic but still manage to be positive.

Everywhere else, no matter what question you ask all you get is "DON'T GO, NO JOBS."

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:23 pm

Adjudicator wrote:I am constantly amazed at how relatively positive and supportive this forum is, compared to most other places on the internet.

Especially considering all the doom and gloom about the economy and the legal job market; there are a lot of bitter people out there, but it doesn't seem to have affected this place too much. People are mostly realistic but still manage to be positive.

Everywhere else, no matter what question you ask all you get is "DON'T GO, NO JOBS."

Well unless you have a horrible gpa, with the way your PT's seem to be going you should have no trouble breaking t14 and probably t6.....which means much better job aspects.

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:49 pm

Adjudicator wrote:I am constantly amazed at how relatively positive and supportive this forum is, compared to most other places on the internet.

yay positivity! you just happened to catch TLS on a good day. :wink:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”