Help with LRB, page 83 shell game example

jaydizzle

Help with LRB, page 83 shell game example

Postby jaydizzle » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:33 pm

So, unlike most people I saw that D was not correct right away. Unfortunately, I eliminated all the answer choices due to forgetting the stimulus mentioned "distinctively different." What do you guys do when you screw up and eliminate all the answer choices? I got flustered, and I ended up guessing since I was like crap I don't see any of them being correct.

JacobH

Re: Help with LRB, page 83 shell game example

Postby JacobH » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:34 pm

Almost always, if I eliminated all my answers choices on a question, I read too fast and glossed over certain key terms. So I just skip it and do the rest of the section, and then come back to it. Usually, after a second reading, I can catch those words and phrases that give me the answer.

So just slow down and read each sentence, then figure out where that sentence belongs in your evidence-conclusion setup. If it's an inference question, watch out for those strong words, which usually point to the wrong answers.

Do you know why you crossed out B as a wrong answer?

fosterp

Postby fosterp » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:36 pm

Re-read the stim and answers carefully

jaydizzle

Postby jaydizzle » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:06 am

I missed the word usually in the stimulus. I think it is time I underline words like this.

Blindc1rca

Postby Blindc1rca » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:16 pm

I crossed out A C and E and then went back over B and D on this one. I vacillated for a solid minute and then realized that the stimulus didn't preclude a child from identifying a spatula, for instance, since in the first sentence it said that they used rolling pins and other utensils. Got it right (barely).

Re: Your question. When I eliminate them all, I go back over them and double cross out any that are OBVIOUSLY wrong, and then leave the ones that I just thought SEEMED wrong. Then I do a back and forth between each of these and the stimulus and hopefully get it right. If I hit 2 minutes and still haven't narrowed it down further it's guess time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”