The Money Maker

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Re: The Money Maker

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:52 pm

alexonfyre wrote:So I kept having the game timer ticking down while the page was still trying to load the answers, lost a solid 15 seconds that way. This game is biased towards those with faster internet connections and who are closer to the server.

Yeah, those with dial up are totally screwed!

Sorry about that - I'd say we'll definitely get that fixed, but it was such a feat to get the games working as well as they do now, I can't promise anything!

alexonfyre

Postby alexonfyre » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:03 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:
alexonfyre wrote:So I kept having the game timer ticking down while the page was still trying to load the answers, lost a solid 15 seconds that way. This game is biased towards those with faster internet connections and who are closer to the server.

Yeah, those with dial up are totally screwed!

Sorry about that - I'd say we'll definitely get that fixed, but it was such a feat to get the games working as well as they do now, I can't promise anything!

I was kidding, I don't actually mind, the games are helpful for quick study when I have a few minutes at work. I just can't get up the leaderboard at work because it is slow =P

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:20 pm

TLSers, we just changed the Money Maker to my favorite game - Ah Hah. Go and play it instead of your day job.

Congrats to Barbara who won the last contest (draw it). That score was insane.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:55 am

New game is up - have fun...

Congrats to triplem25 & Rob on taking the last one...

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:19 pm

Work on your argument structure. New moneymakeris up - P+A=C. Someone in South Korea - Dayla - cleaned house on the last game.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:41 pm

New LSAT Arcade game is up - have fun, win $25 and pay off 1/6000 of your law school costs.

ColtsFan88

Postby ColtsFan88 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:49 am

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:New LSAT Arcade game is up - have fun, win $25 and pay off 1/6000 of your law school costs.

Do you have to do the game timed to compete? How did someone do 122 in 90 seconds?

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:25 am

You do have to play it timed to compete. And, you need to have 85% accuracy. We go through and check the high scores and ban anyone who's just sitting at their computer and clicking randomly to get a high score. To those people - I say, "come on folks, this isn't some sort of game we're playing."

I'll go ban that guy right now (or, we'll discover that he's a genius or really bored computer hacker).

Edit: I forgot that your score isn't showing the number you got correct. Some questions are harder than others (it's adaptive like, the GMAT), and are worth more points. That guy with 122 points got 25 questions correct in a row before time ran out. It's doable, especially with enough coffee and duct tape.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”