Study Strategy

Curry

Study Strategy

Postby Curry » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:33 pm

I'm currently taking the testmasters course and scoring anywhere between a 166 and a 173 on practice tests. What I've noticed is that my LR score tends to fluctuate quite rapidly, from minus zero on some sections to minus four on others. I'm taking two practice tests a week and then doing the homework from Testmasters. Would I be better served going through the LR Bible instead of the homework/practice tests for a couple of days? (I'm planning on taking the test in October).'

whymeohgodno

Re: Study Strategy

Postby whymeohgodno » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:37 pm

LR bible is a must. It can only help you.

Curry

Postby Curry » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:07 pm

Moreso than taking practice testS?

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:13 pm

curryinaninstant wrote:Moreso than taking practice testS?

If your LR score fluctuates like you say, there are probably some valuable things you could learn from the LR Bible. Doing more practice tests is good to reinforce what you already know, and improve speed, but if you're getting hung up on a certain problem type, you need the LR Bible.

Curry

Postby Curry » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Alright, I'll break that out tonight and get started. How long does it take to go through? Should I be doing the practice problems in it, or just reading for the sake of absorbing the information?

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:13 pm

Definitely do all the drills and practice problems; they will help you absorb the information.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:26 pm

-0 to -4 isn't a huge fluctuation. If you average -2, then if you average -2 on the other sections you're scoring 170+. Does that mean you have trouble with RC or LG or do you hit -4 more often than you hit -0?

Curry

Postby Curry » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:05 pm

Hannibal wrote:-0 to -4 isn't a huge fluctuation. If you average -2, then if you average -2 on the other sections you're scoring 170+. Does that mean you have trouble with RC or LG or do you hit -4 more often than you hit -0?

Hit -4 more often than I hit minus zero. On average, I'd say it was close to -3 on LR, -3 on RC, and -2 on games.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”