Logial Reasoning Section

Logial Reasoning Section

Postby haines8 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:34 am

Whenever I do a practice test from the logical reasoning section I end up getting close to all of the first 10 questions correct and miss at least 5 of the next 10. Now I understand that that the first 10 questions are suppose to be easier than the ones that follow but is there any advice on how I can improve on the more difficult part. Should I try to fly past the first ten at the risk of getting more of them wrong?

Re: Logial Reasoning Section

Postby sophia.olive » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:38 am

why dont you go as fast as you can on the first ten without getting any wrong. And rework the harder questions, in detail, so you get a better feel for them.
It should, ideally, take about 15-17 min for the first 15 questions, well at least thats what worked for me.

Postby jr1886 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:16 pm

Sophia's advice is a good one. Another good strategy is not to cross out the wrong answers as you go through the first 10 questions if at all possible but to just pick the correct answer. That way, you can reduce wasting precious seconds. Furthermore, do not spend more than 1min 10 seconds in any question. I have read this advice here, can't remember where, and it's a good one. You should cross out the obviously wrong answers and circle the question and return back to it later after you are finished attempting all the other questions. Good luck

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:20 pm

Before anybody could offer a solution, you need to decide whether your problem has more to do with timing or with lack of understanding. When you review your wrong answers, are you able to identify why you missed particular questions? Or are you still baffled by the stimulus?

If you feel like you just aren't grasping certain concepts then it may be beneficial to go back and review/drill until you have a better understanding. On the other hand, if you're simply struggling with timing then try doing several LR sections back to back. I found that doing three or more timed LR sections in one day really bolstered my performance. There's just something about seeing all those questions in a row that makes your brain adapt and work a lot faster. Of course you don't want to neglect LG and RC!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”