Blurg

ash8309

Blurg

Postby ash8309 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:42 pm

Scored a 150 on my Powerscore-administered diagnostic a month ago. I just took my second official practice test and got a 152. Major letdown when I'm trying to make a 15-point jump, at the least. Up until now, I've only been doing the homework, averaging about 1.5 hours per day. I'm thinking I need to start taking practice tests every week and upping my study hours per day. >165 still possible? Any thoughts on what I should do to improve more quickly? My teacher said it's common for people to do worse on their second exam b/c you overthink the problems...but maybe that is him just making sure we all don't go home and drink ourselves to death.

Thanks for any advice/feedback.

gdane

Re: Blurg

Postby gdane » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:47 pm

Forget about practice tests for now. If youre scoring in the low 150's, youre not understanding the questions and concepts behing them. Doing practice tests and hoping that your score will go up is not going to work. Use the powerscore bibles, use pithypike and LSATBlogs's guides and go from there. Practice tests should be the last thing you should do. At this point Im not sure you have enough time. Maybe go for December?

Good luck!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”