MCAT passages for more RC?

rjh456

MCAT passages for more RC?

Postby rjh456 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:29 pm

Has anyone tried using MCAT verbal passages to drill RC? I'm getting to the end of all new material in my prepping and I've heard some good things about the MCAT passages (never thought I'd write that sentence), namely that they're a little more challenging. Just interested to know if anyone else has ventured into non-LSAT territory to get (even) more RC...

Knock

Re: MCAT passages for more RC?

Postby Knock » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:30 pm

rjh456 wrote:Has anyone tried using MCAT verbal passages to drill RC? I'm getting to the end of all new material in my prepping and I've heard some good things about the MCAT passages (never thought I'd write that sentence), namely that they're a little more challenging. Just interested to know if anyone else has ventured into non-LSAT territory to get (even) more RC...

I've heard of people trying that, although I have no judgment on whether it's helpful or not. But as someone who has done most of the LSAT RC passages out there, i'd be interested in hearing about the worth of the MCAT verbal passages as well.

glucose101

Re: MCAT passages for more RC?

Postby glucose101 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:35 pm

I've looked into the MCAT passages (ExamKracker), and I would suggest you just stick with LSAT RC passages. Ultimately, yes, it's about reading comprehension, but I found the manner in which the MCAT goes about asking questions is totally different. The LSAT and MCAT passages are different beasts. Just focus on the LSAT.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”