Pt 50-60 September Crew. Enter Here

Adjudicator

Re: Pt 50-60 September Crew. Enter Here

Postby Adjudicator » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:14 pm

Yeah, I just did the riddled basins of attraction... :? That was a dense one. I think I got -1 on that whole section though.

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Adjudicator wrote:Yeah, I just did the riddled basins of attraction... :? That was a dense one. I think I got -1 on that whole section though.

Good for you then :). Not to scare you, but I got a -1 as well, and I thought that riddled basins was the easiest out of the ones I listed above lol. I think talk-story might have been the hardest? I can't really remember.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:17 pm

Knockglock wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:Yeah, I just did the riddled basins of attraction... :? That was a dense one. I think I got -1 on that whole section though.

Good for you then :). Not to scare you, but I got a -1 as well, and I thought that riddled basins was the easiest out of the ones I listed above lol. I think talk-story might have been the hardest? I can't really remember.

Not trying to scare me, huh? :shock: lol.

I'll handle the RC... but how hard are these logic games, really? Is the difficulty overrated or are they really that fiendish?

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:18 pm

Adjudicator wrote:
Knockglock wrote:

Not trying to scare me, huh? :shock: lol.

I'll handle the RC... but how hard are these logic games, really? Is the difficulty overrated or are they really that fiendish?

Meh, I missed 1 on dino's and 2 on interns. It's not that they're hard per se, just that they're different/funky, which can throw off people who prepped rigorously by game type.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:20 pm

I hate it when they get creative with the games. :x

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:21 pm

Adjudicator wrote:I hate it when they get creative with the games. :x

To be fair though, I thought mulch and stones was really easy. Maybe it was because I'd done the older LGs from PT's 7-29, and was used to funky games.

Dino's isn't too bad once you get the main inference, same with interns.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:30 am

I inexplicably don't have 50, so I did PT 49 with...results. Can't say I'm unhappy.

My experimental on the first section murdered me. It was the games from PT38. Got a -4.

And then yeah, on the real test I missed one question, a LR, where I just bubble-guessed it because I lost track of time. So. 180..?

Worried about the games fuck up but holy shit I've never done that well on LR/RC before.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:34 am

Knockglock wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:I hate it when they get creative with the games. :x

To be fair though, I thought mulch and stones was really easy. Maybe it was because I'd done the older LGs from PT's 7-29, and was used to funky games.

Dino's isn't too bad once you get the main inference, same with interns.

Arg... if only I knew what to expect in October. :?

WonkyPanda

Postby WonkyPanda » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:41 am

I'm still a little behind but I should be up to the 50s by next midweek. Finished up PT45 today with a 167. The games were laughably easy and the LR was pretty standard. For whatever reason, RC did a number on me this time around which caught me off guard. Not sure what it was but I just lost focus on 2 of the passages and it hurt me a bit.

lastch2

Postby lastch2 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:28 am

i don't know what's going on. i'm regressing out of my nice warm cozy 170's range and back into the 160's! got a 168 on PT50 yesterday. The only explanation i can think of is i've started taking them in the early mornings, which may account for -6 on the RC!! -3LR, -1LG (just decided NOT to bubble 14...i had like 7 extra minutes and didn't bother to go through them! :evil: ) and -2 LR. not real thrilled with the performance but i'm telling you waking up and doing this bastards without warming up is evil. truly evil. so for 51 my goal is to read something before the exam. on the last two PTs i've done in the morning i've missed as many on the first section as the rest of the sections combined.

anyone trying them in the mornings??

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:48 pm

lastch2 wrote:i don't know what's going on. i'm regressing out of my nice warm cozy 170's range and back into the 160's! got a 168 on PT50 yesterday. The only explanation i can think of is i've started taking them in the early mornings, which may account for -6 on the RC!! -3LR, -1LG (just decided NOT to bubble 14...i had like 7 extra minutes and didn't bother to go through them! :evil: ) and -2 LR. not real thrilled with the performance but i'm telling you waking up and doing this bastards without warming up is evil. truly evil. so for 51 my goal is to read something before the exam. on the last two PTs i've done in the morning i've missed as many on the first section as the rest of the sections combined.

PT 50 RC has Riddled basins right? It could just be that you ran up into a real tough RC section. How many did you miss on that passage?

WonkyPanda

Postby WonkyPanda » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:50 pm

lastch2 wrote:i don't know what's going on. i'm regressing out of my nice warm cozy 170's range and back into the 160's! got a 168 on PT50 yesterday. The only explanation i can think of is i've started taking them in the early mornings, which may account for -6 on the RC!! -3LR, -1LG (just decided NOT to bubble 14...i had like 7 extra minutes and didn't bother to go through them! :evil: ) and -2 LR. not real thrilled with the performance but i'm telling you waking up and doing this bastards without warming up is evil. truly evil. so for 51 my goal is to read something before the exam. on the last two PTs i've done in the morning i've missed as many on the first section as the rest of the sections combined.

It's definitely a whole new ballgame when you take the test earlier in the morning. I've been taking them usually around 10-11a, but I may start taking it at 9:30 sharp since this is when I believe the october one starts (someone correct me here). Anyways, it's really crucial to be up and out of bed for at least a good hour before you start the test. If you literally roll out of bed and into your desk chair (impressive), then it's going to take a bit to get your mind to mentally start processing things like it needs to for the test. Wake up, eat some grub, and possibly read the newspaper or do some sudoku. Just do anything you know that will get your mind/body going. I also personally recommend a quick jog or even a 50 jumping jacks would be suffice. Just get the blood flowing in your body and your brain will get it in no time :wink:

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:02 pm

WonkyPanda wrote:

It's definitely a whole new ballgame when you take the test earlier in the morning. I've been taking them usually around 10-11a, but I may start taking it at 9:30 sharp since this is when I believe the october one starts (someone correct me here). Anyways, it's really crucial to be up and out of bed for at least a good hour before you start the test. If you literally roll out of bed and into your desk chair (impressive), then it's going to take a bit to get your mind to mentally start processing things like it needs to for the test. Wake up, eat some grub, and possibly read the newspaper or do some sudoku. Just do anything you know that will get your mind/body going. I also personally recommend a quick jog or even a 50 jumping jacks would be suffice. Just get the blood flowing in your body and your brain will get it in no time :wink:

In June my test didn't start for like 2 hours after the check in hour. It's impossible to know, so just be aware of this possibility.

lastch2

Postby lastch2 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:32 pm

Knockglock wrote:PT 50 RC has Riddled basins right? It could just be that you ran up into a real tough RC section. How many did you miss on that passage?

yeah...-3 on that section alone so i feel a teensy bit better actually

WonkyPanda wrote:It's definitely a whole new ballgame when you take the test earlier in the morning. I've been taking them usually around 10-11a, but I may start taking it at 9:30 sharp since this is when I believe the october one starts (someone correct me here). Anyways, it's really crucial to be up and out of bed for at least a good hour before you start the test. If you literally roll out of bed and into your desk chair (impressive), then it's going to take a bit to get your mind to mentally start processing things like it needs to for the test. Wake up, eat some grub, and possibly read the newspaper or do some sudoku. Just do anything you know that will get your mind/body going. I also personally recommend a quick jog or even a 50 jumping jacks would be suffice. Just get the blood flowing in your body and your brain will get it in no time :wink:

pretty sure it's at 8:30am, although i hope you're right i think i may be.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:34 pm

lastch2 wrote:
Knockglock wrote:PT 50 RC has Riddled basins right? It could just be that you ran up into a real tough RC section. How many did you miss on that passage?

yeah...-3 on that section alone so i feel a teensy bit better actually

WonkyPanda wrote:It's definitely a whole new ballgame when you take the test earlier in the morning. I've been taking them usually around 10-11a, but I may start taking it at 9:30 sharp since this is when I believe the october one starts (someone correct me here). Anyways, it's really crucial to be up and out of bed for at least a good hour before you start the test. If you literally roll out of bed and into your desk chair (impressive), then it's going to take a bit to get your mind to mentally start processing things like it needs to for the test. Wake up, eat some grub, and possibly read the newspaper or do some sudoku. Just do anything you know that will get your mind/body going. I also personally recommend a quick jog or even a 50 jumping jacks would be suffice. Just get the blood flowing in your body and your brain will get it in no time :wink:

pretty sure it's at 8:30am, although i hope you're right i think i may be.

8:30 is check in, you won't start right away. 9:30 is probably a good guestimate, although it could easily not start until much later, maybe even as long as 10:30.

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Are you allowed to eat while you're waiting? I'm going to be super hungry if I check in at 8.30, then the test doesn't start until 10.30, then 3 sections = what, 12.30 or so? I am a snacker. I guess I'll just have to eat a protein bar or something at home, then a banana en route, then another protein bar before I check in or something lol.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:41 pm

eit wrote:Are you allowed to eat while you're waiting? I'm going to be super hungry if I check in at 8.30, then the test doesn't start until 10.30, then 3 sections = what, 12.30 or so? I am a snacker. I guess I'll just have to eat a protein bar or something at home, then a banana en route, then another protein bar before I check in or something lol.

Hmm, I think it depends. I got there at like 12:15, and had to wait in a fat check in line (they finger print you and check your plastic ziplock back), so I didn't get in until 1:30 at least. I definitely ate while in line. But once in the classroom, I didn't eat, and I was there for probably another hour. So i'm not sure if you can snack in the classroom. I ate more snacks at the break though.

WonkyPanda

Postby WonkyPanda » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:29 pm

eit wrote:Are you allowed to eat while you're waiting? I'm going to be super hungry if I check in at 8.30, then the test doesn't start until 10.30, then 3 sections = what, 12.30 or so? I am a snacker. I guess I'll just have to eat a protein bar or something at home, then a banana en route, then another protein bar before I check in or something lol.

That's harsh that they 'ice' you for so damn long. Apples might be a good bet too because the abundance of fiber in them is known to suppress your hunger control hormones. I am planning to probably take a protein bar too since those things are pretty stocked in everything and can leave you feeling full for a bit. My biggest concern is trying to stay too hydrated and then having to pee in the middle of a section. :cry:

Pastels

Postby Pastels » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:33 pm

With 38 days left what is everyone doing on days in between PT? I am feeling a bit fatigued/worn and feel I should slow up a bit.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:35 pm

Pastels wrote:With 38 days left what is everyone doing on days in between PT? I am feeling a bit fatigued/worn and feel I should slow up a bit.

Working on my PS/DS/Resume. If you're feeling fatigued or like you're starting to get burned out, definitely rest up. I think burn out hurt me a little bit on test day.

Pastels

Postby Pastels » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Pastels wrote:With 38 days left what is everyone doing on days in between PT? I am feeling a bit fatigued/worn and feel I should slow up a bit.

Who else is planning PT 51 on Saturday?

WonkyPanda

Postby WonkyPanda » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:34 pm

I wish there was an easy way for me to tell if I was burnt out or not. Sometimes i attribute that 'burnout' feeling to mere laziness on my part. One thing is for sure though, on test week I will definitely take it a lot more lax than I am at the current moment. Though I am not too sure how or when burnout has affected me, i have heard enough people attribute it to poor test day scores to know that it can be real.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:36 pm

WonkyPanda wrote:I wish there was an easy way for me to tell if I was burnt out or not. Sometimes i attribute that 'burnout' feeling to mere laziness on my part. One thing is for sure though, on test week I will definitely take it a lot more lax than I am at the current moment. Though I am not too sure how or when burnout has affected me, i have heard enough people attribute it to poor test day scores to know that it can be real.

It's really hard to tell. I only could tell I was burnt out in retrospect. Maybe try taking a couple of days off and see if it makes a significant difference.

xqhp82

Postby xqhp82 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:07 am

Just wondering...is it better to work my way up to PT60 from PT43 in order or should I mix them up a bit? heard that RC in the 50s are harder and I'm a bit worried that by the time I reach the 50s I may not have enough time to deal with the difficult ones. I'm planning to do 5 sections every alternate day for 4 weeks.

hulahoop

Postby hulahoop » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:06 pm

Pastels wrote:

Who else is planning PT 51 on Saturday?

I am 8)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”