How much have you reduced your time on the games section?

habouei

How much have you reduced your time on the games section?

Postby habouei » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:14 am

I'm working on the games section and even though I am getting the majority of the problems correctly, it is taking me 12-18 minutes per game to solve them. I am getting a bit worried by this and I'm wondering how much have you reduced your time per game by practicing?

dakatz

Re: How much have you reduced your time on the games section?

Postby dakatz » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:18 am

At first, it was taking me about 10-12 minutes for every game aside from linear ones. After A LOT of practice and study, I can do pretty much any game in under 8, and was consistently getting perfect game sections on practice tests. You say you get questions right when you take it slow, so you obviously understand the general concepts. But you aren't making the deductions that allow you to really do the whole thing quickly. A very important step is how you diagram everything and how you connect those rules in order to make deductions. Try spending more time with this crucial step. The Powerscore Ultimate Setup Guide can help with this, since they lay out every diagram and deduction for every game in the "Next 10 LSAT..." book.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:22 am

around 12 minutes per game down to around 5-6 for straightforward sequencing games and averaging around 8 for any other games and maybe 9 on my worst game.

Justiceinbrothel

Postby Justiceinbrothel » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:17 am

dakatz wrote:At first, it was taking me about 10-12 minutes for every game aside from linear ones. After A LOT of practice and study, I can do pretty much any game in under 8, and was consistently getting perfect game sections on practice tests. You say you get questions right when you take it slow, so you obviously understand the general concepts. But you aren't making the deductions that allow you to really do the whole thing quickly. A very important step is how you diagram everything and how you connect those rules in order to make deductions. Try spending more time with this crucial step. The Powerscore Ultimate Setup Guide can help with this, since they lay out every diagram and deduction for every game in the "Next 10 LSAT..." book.

See baby game requires visualization of three ninjas standing in a row. Game requires drawing extremely fast. Game requires you to calculate even without drawing anything.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”