Powerscore Weekend or Kaplan on Demand?

CmonSD

Powerscore Weekend or Kaplan on Demand?

Postby CmonSD » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:27 pm

So I have found myself going for retake number three. Shooting for October, but most likely December. I have taken the full length Kaplan Extreme course twice and improved 16 points from where I started. I just bought the powerscore bibles and have started reading through them. I really need at least five more points on this retake to make it worthwhile. Should I take another course? If so, it would probably be the Powerscore Weekend Course or Kaplans On Demand Online course. Any thoughts on either or these? What about tutors? Does anyone have any good recommendations for the So Cal area??

Thanks for any input!

Knock

Re: Powerscore Weekend or Kaplan on Demand?

Postby Knock » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:28 pm

CmonSD wrote:So I have found myself going for retake number three. Shooting for October, but most likely December. I have taken the full length Kaplan Extreme course twice and improved 16 points from where I started. I just bought the powerscore bibles and have started reading through them. I really need at least five more points on this retake to make it worthwhile. Should I take another course? If so, it would probably be the Powerscore Weekend Course or Kaplans On Demand Online course. Any thoughts on either or these? What about tutors? Does anyone have any good recommendations for the So Cal area??

Thanks for any input!

Powerscore

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:56 pm

Thanks! That's what I was thinking but I am worried that two days of instruction isn't worth the $$.

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:57 pm

CmonSD wrote:Thanks! That's what I was thinking but I am worried that two days of instruction isn't worth the $$.

How much is it costing you?

CmonSD

Postby CmonSD » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:09 pm

$450 for the 16 hours. It isn't so much the cost I am really concerned with, but more the value. Would $450 worth of tutoring be more worthwhile at this point?

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:24 pm

CmonSD wrote:$450 for the 16 hours. It isn't so much the cost I am really concerned with, but more the value. Would $450 worth of tutoring be more worthwhile at this point?

Considering you've already taken the class, I would rather take tutoring. Plus they're going to teach you PS system, which might trip you up if you're used to and good at another system.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”