Taking all the offical prep tests before June?

westinghouse60

Taking all the offical prep tests before June?

Postby westinghouse60 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:35 pm

I'm most likely taking the LSAT next June, and am working on improving the analytical reasoning section untimed while maintaining my logical reasoning timed by doing a section independently everyone once in a while. (Getting 85-90% of these right timed, so I think I'm set as far as that goes). Once I can get most of the analytical reasoning section right untimed, I'll move on to reading comprehension, then do the same thing with that, until I am pretty accurate on all the sections timed. Hopefully I'll have this done by October or so. Then I'll move on to full prep tests and take those until June.

I'll use some prep tests working section by section rather than taking the whole thing, but there are about 60 official prep tests released (I think, I've heard some are unavailable). So once I'm ready to take the whole thing timed, I'll do one per week (sometimes more than one closer to the test), and hopefully have them all done by June. Is this over kill, or will I be rusty from only doing 1 per week? Would I be better off doing 2 per week closer to the test? Has anyone else taken all the official prep tests?

Knock

Re: Taking all the offical prep tests before June?

Postby Knock » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:46 pm

westinghouse60 wrote:I'm most likely taking the LSAT next June, and am working on improving the analytical reasoning section untimed while maintaining my logical reasoning timed by doing a section independently everyone once in a while. (Getting 85-90% of these right timed, so I think I'm set as far as that goes). Once I can get most of the analytical reasoning section right untimed, I'll move on to reading comprehension, then do the same thing with that, until I am pretty accurate on all the sections timed. Hopefully I'll have this done by October or so. Then I'll move on to full prep tests and take those until June.

I'll use some prep tests working section by section rather than taking the whole thing, but there are about 60 official prep tests released (I think, I've heard some are unavailable). So once I'm ready to take the whole thing timed, I'll do one per week (sometimes more than one closer to the test), and hopefully have them all done by June. Is this over kill, or will I be rusty from only doing 1 per week? Would I be better off doing 2 per week closer to the test? Has anyone else taken all the official prep tests?

Personally, I would try and do 2 or 3 per week. But I think starting early is really good, gives you time to really digest and absorb the information. In response to your question, I took 55 PT's, but I did that in 2 or 3 months and I had many weeks of 4, 5, or 6 PT's in a week. In retrospect, I wish I had started earlier and cut back to maybe 3 PT's a week.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”