is this a good schedule?

xyzzzzzzzz

is this a good schedule?

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:27 pm

Hey everyone,
Let me know what you think of this plan for the Feb. lsat. I graduate in December and would start studying in November. I would be taking six classes in my last semester, so I would be busy. Would this be enough time (nov to jan)? I'm taking a logic class in the fall too. I would have all of jan. free to do nothing but study. Am I cramming too much. I feel like I would be wasting time waiting for the June exam.
thoughts?
Thanks in advance

Knock

Re: is this a good schedule?

Postby Knock » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:11 am

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:Hey everyone,
Let me know what you think of this plan for the Feb. lsat. I graduate in December and would start studying in November. I would be taking six classes in my last semester, so I would be busy. Would this be enough time (nov to jan)? I'm taking a logic class in the fall too. I would have all of jan. free to do nothing but study. Am I cramming too much. I feel like I would be wasting time waiting for the June exam.
thoughts?
Thanks in advance

That's cramming too much in my opinion. The LSAT isn't a test you can really cram for, at least for most people. Do it right once, and study for 3, 4 months for the June test. Wait until your done with classes and keep your GPA up or raise it.

kazu

Postby kazu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:14 am

Knockglock wrote:
thoughts?
Thanks in advance

That's cramming too much in my opinion. The LSAT isn't a test you can really cram for, at least for most people. Do it right once, and study for 3, 4 months for the June test. Wait until your done with classes and keep your GPA up or raise it.

+1. You don't want to take it feeling rushed or not prepared, and only a month of full-time studying won't be enough unless you're one of those people who have 170+ diagnostics

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:47 am

thoughts?
Thanks in advance

Take a diagnostic.
My LSAT prep was: Last week of July, first 2 weeks of August, then 2nd week of September until the September test day. (So about 5ish weeks total with a 3 week gap in the middle of nothingness where I was busy with other things). This is comparable to your proposal. My diagnostic was a 173, though, so I really wouldn't recommend it unless yours is similar. If you score less than 170ish, this is too rushed.

xyzzzzzzzz

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:03 am

Thanks everyone. I will certainly take a diagnostic test. If it is low, the Feb. test may not be the best for me. Also, if you pay to take the exam there is no way to avoid having show on lsac's report right? It would be a cancel or absence right?
The problem is I may leaving the country in May for 2+ years. In that case, the June exam would be out. I'd probably also be in a country that doesn't offer the lsat, so I may just have to wait until I get back to the states.
Thanks again times a million, my friends and family are sooo sick of hearing me talk about all this. :D

kazu

Postby kazu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:05 am

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:Thanks everyone. I will certainly take a diagnostic test. If it is low, the Feb. test may not be the best for me. Also, if you pay to take the exam there is no way to avoid having show on lsac's report right? It would be a cancel or absence right?
The problem is I may leaving the country in May for 2+ years. In that case, the June exam would be out. I'd probably also be in a country that doesn't offer the lsat, so I may just have to wait until I get back to the states.
Thanks again times a million, my friends and family are sooo sick of hearing me talk about all this. :D

If you cancel more than 3 weeks before the exam (there should be an exact date on the lsac.org site) it won't show up on the records. :)

xyzzzzzzzz

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:16 am

acrossthelake wrote:
thoughts?
Thanks in advance

Take a diagnostic.
My LSAT prep was: Last week of July, first 2 weeks of August, then 2nd week of September until the September test day. (So about 5ish weeks total with a 3 week gap in the middle of nothingness where I was busy with other things). This is comparable to your proposal. My diagnostic was a 173, though, so I really wouldn't recommend it unless yours is similar. If you score less than 170ish, this is too rushed.

Thanks for this. Were you a philosophy major? Or did/do you just have strong rc and logic skills?

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:01 am

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:
thoughts?
Thanks in advance

Take a diagnostic.

Thanks for this. Were you a philosophy major? Or did/do you just have strong rc and logic skills?

Nope, haven't taken a single philosophy class in college. I'm a cognitive ninja, duh. No, just joking, I just have strong rc/analyticalreasoning/logic skills. It's why I decided to become a lawyer.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”