June 2011 LSAT - What Can I Do Now? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
wildcatpride

New

June 2011 LSAT - What Can I Do Now?

Post by wildcatpride » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:22 pm

I'm planning on taking the June 2011 LSAT. I have bought most of the materials (preptests, bibles). I'm just wondering, how should I plan out my study schedule?

I really need to do well on this test, to sort of cushion my below average GPA for T14.

Currently, I'm thinking about reading LG and LR Bibles just to get a taste of what's going on, along with just practicing on Preptests 1-8 before the end of the summer, and then really starting up in January i.e. Pithypike's method. In addition, I'm reading The Economist to get a grip on dense passages.

I've been told that starting too early can be bad for you, is this true?

Please advise as to what I can do now because I have TONNES of free time.

Thank you TLS members.

gdane

Diamond

Re: June 2011 LSAT - What Can I Do Now?

Post by gdane » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:43 pm

This is the exact same question. Asked just a few minutes ago.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=127195

Next time scroll down the page or use the search function.

Good luck!

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:27 pm

Starting too early could be bad if you burn out / get sick of it, use up the PrepTests too early, or study at the expense of GPA.

Your general plan sounds good - reading some books on informal logic, getting familiar with the bibles, working through the oldest exams untimed, then seriously studying closer to the exam date.

Also, try to enjoy your free time. There's only so much of it.

lawschool2014

New

Post by lawschool2014 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:18 pm

honestly man, you only need two months (maybe three months) max for this test. You will burn out if you start studying now for the June test. Chill out, hang out with friends, meet some girls and have fun. Be a hermit for two months before the test but until then, calm down.

Good luck!!

yezzir

New

Post by yezzir » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:08 pm

If you're still in undergrad then take an introductory logic course. Has already paid dividends for me in my LSAT prep, especially with regards to the LR section.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JohnnyTrojan08

New

Post by JohnnyTrojan08 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:22 pm

gdane5 wrote:This is the exact same question. Asked just a few minutes ago.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=127195

Next time scroll down the page or use the search function.

Good luck!
I'm going to make an analogy:

"I'm planning on running a marathon in June 2011, but it is a life goal that I want to do just once. Should I start training now?"

Only if I plan on training THE ENTIRE TIME until that race. Otherwise the work I do now will atrophy if I take a break. And I may get sick of running and quit training.

And unlike in the analogy, there are plenty of places to run, but an absolutely finite amount of real PrepTest material out there. Take one practice LSAT from LSAC for free, see where you stand, and read the NY Times and/or the WSJ science, humanities, and opinion articles every day to increase your reading speed and comprehension.

IMO as a successful self-prepper and tutor.

wildcatpride

New

Post by wildcatpride » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:35 pm

thanks so much every1

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:42 pm

I would start, only very slowly and for fun.
why not limit yourself to a few logic games, a few lr. Just to get the stuff floating around in your head. I think that long term knowledge will make the 2 or 3 months more automatic.

Perhaps even working on endurance in general would help. You dont have to use lsat material but maybe every other day you can do some ACTIVE reading for three hours without a break.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:01 pm

wildcatpride wrote:I'm planning on taking the June 2011 LSAT. I have bought most of the materials (preptests, bibles). I'm just wondering, how should I plan out my study schedule?

I really need to do well on this test, to sort of cushion my below average GPA for T14.

Currently, I'm thinking about reading LG and LR Bibles just to get a taste of what's going on, along with just practicing on Preptests 1-8 before the end of the summer, and then really starting up in January i.e. Pithypike's method. In addition, I'm reading The Economist to get a grip on dense passages.

I've been told that starting too early can be bad for you, is this true?

Please advise as to what I can do now because I have TONNES of free time.

Thank you TLS members.
I think it can hurt you if you start too early especially if you run out of material too soon before the actual exam and you are left with a period of months without having any new material to look at.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Justiceinbrothel

New

Post by Justiceinbrothel » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:45 am

best thing you should do for 2011 is that be ready for change in LSAT structure and keep doing existing LSAT so that you are safe from both sides. Make a habbit to slaughter LSAT. Read forums, Blogs, Prep Material and Law Journals.

comments.expert

New

Post by comments.expert » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:30 pm

The strictest law sometimes becomes the severest injustice.

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:48 am

yezzir wrote:If you're still in undergrad then take an introductory logic course. Has already paid dividends for me in my LSAT prep, especially with regards to the LR section.
This. I've got a big leg up on most people in my prep class just with some intro logic, and it really pays to have LR as your strength when there are two sections of it on the lsat.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”