7+ Weeks, I'm Getting Frustrated, and I need some help

7+ Weeks, I'm Getting Frustrated, and I need some help

Postby Nailjohnj » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:55 pm

So here is the situation... I took the LSAt in June and scored a 163, which was about 5 points lower than my PT best of 168. I know I can do better, so I signed up for the October test and am back into the mix. I need to score 170+ to be is a good position for the schools I'm looking at. My first PT back after two months completely off was a 169, then back to 163, and it always the same stupid section(s), Logical Reasoning. I am always -1/2 RC, -2/3 Games, but -5-8 in LR, which obviously kills any . It was the same before the june LSAT and I have absolutely no idea how to fix it.

Here are my thoughts:

1.) Plug away, keep drilling, keep going over missed questions, and hopefully find the missing link
2.) Relearn everything. Get the LR Bible and use that to learn a new system. I originally used the Princeton Review. Will I have enough time to put this into play?
3.) Something else? (Please give me suggestions)

Thanks for the help

Re: 7+ Weeks, I'm Getting Frustrated, and I need some help

Postby gdane » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:06 pm

Youre in a pretty good position right now. A 163 is not a bad score. It means you have a good grasp of the concepts. With LR figure out what specific questions give you problems. Is timing an issue? In other words, do you rush through a section or questions because you feel crunched for time? Ask yourself these questions and go from there.

Definitely use the logical reasoning bible. Its a great resource. Theres roughly a month and a half before the October test. This is plenty of time to get the concepts in the logical reasoning bible down.

Good luck!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”