Prep Tests - How many per week?

WeX11788

Prep Tests - How many per week?

Postby WeX11788 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:23 pm

I've been studying since the very end of August/beginning of July and have done NO prep tests yet. I'm a retake from June 2009.

I worked mostly on Logic Games since that's my weakness. Here's what I've done thus far:

- Completed Logic Games Bible & redid these games

- Completed COUNTLESS games from real LSATs. Stacks and stacks and stacks of games. I have untouched photocopies of them all.

- Completed Logic Reasoning Bible.

What I have left to do (Resources):

- Several Prep Tests
- All of the Logic Games to re-do (again, I have stacks and stacks and stacks of games)
- Plethora of Logic Reasoning Questions/Reading Comprehension Questions. I have hardly touched Reading Comp. thus far.

I'm trying to get myself on a set schedule during the week for studying. My October LSAT is rapidly approaching and I'm bugging out. Any suggestions?

amkid100

Re: Prep Tests - How many per week?

Postby amkid100 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:32 pm

i'm in the exact same boat, and VERY intimidated by my stacks of logic games. do you find that repeating them really helps? i have yet to do one more than once..

yzero1

Postby yzero1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:54 pm

Personally I do one PT every 3 days. This helps me avoid burn-out and gives me some time in between to drill my weaknesses. If you don't think it's enough.. try doing 3 per week. Definitely have at least 1 or 2 days in between tests.

WeX11788

Postby WeX11788 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:54 pm

amkid100 wrote:i'm in the exact same boat, and VERY intimidated by my stacks of logic games. do you find that repeating them really helps? i have yet to do one more than once..

Yes. I love repeating games. I saved all my old copies so I can look back and see if I'm screwing up on the same questions.

WeX11788

Postby WeX11788 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:56 pm

yzero1 wrote:Personally I do one PT every 3 days. This helps me avoid burn-out and gives me some time in between to drill my weaknesses. If you don't think it's enough.. try doing 3 per week. Definitely have at least 1 or 2 days in between tests.

Thanks. So what do you do in your in-between time? Work on general weaknesses or work on weaknesses from your most recent PT? Do you also integrate general practice in that three-day span?

am060459

Postby am060459 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:58 pm

i did 2 PTs a week with full review for the june lsat. i plan on doing that again in the month of september.

good luck

yzero1

Postby yzero1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:06 am

WeX11788 wrote:
yzero1 wrote:Personally I do one PT every 3 days. This helps me avoid burn-out and gives me some time in between to drill my weaknesses. If you don't think it's enough.. try doing 3 per week. Definitely have at least 1 or 2 days in between tests.

Thanks. So what do you do in your in-between time? Work on general weaknesses or work on weaknesses from your most recent PT? Do you also integrate general practice in that three-day span?

My weakness has historically been LG so I use both days to drill games.. I've been doing all of them from PT7-40 2-3 times over (been doing about 8-10 new games per day). If I notice a trend in my LR PT mistakes, I'll review the LRB and work on the relevant section in Kaplan Mastery. I also read Economist in my spare time when I'm not doing real LSAT prep. Unlike others, I don't really work on separate LR/RC sections in between PTs..I tend to really focus in on my weaknesses and if I feel I'm doing pretty well on a certain question type, I rely solely on my PTs for practice on that question type. Not sure if this will work for everyone though (some people may prefer to work on all question types during practice), but I do think putting increased focus on your weaknesses is a good strategy.

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:29 pm

im a fan of doing the games over and over again. I do the games 3 times, unless i get a -0 on my first 2 attempts. I find that as long as you dont do the game twice in one day, you will be quicker to make deductions because you will learn how the rules and deductions work together. So far, LG has gone from my worst section to my best. I attribute this to doing the games over and over again, and reading the LGB.

I also like drilling question types, even though im still missing a lot of flaw assumption ( forget to do the negation test) and strengthen questions on the prep tests. In fact, on my last 2 prep tests, the majority of my misses were those questions ( plus a few parallel questions every now and then) Hopefully, I will see the same results for these questions as my games.

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:15 pm

I have four set aside per week up until first week of UG again, then 3 for that first week (since you do shit all anyways), 2 a week after that. I do one like every two days depending on how much I work - I kind of like doing PTs.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”