Best LR Question Nominations

Anaconda

Best LR Question Nominations

Postby Anaconda » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:57 pm

Mine is PT 24 Section 3 #24 (about society and basic liberties and income equality, etc)

First off, it's a bi-conditional, and has so many conditions that it's easiest to simply diagram it.

I tried this one twice today and got it wrong both times. When I finally looked at the right answer and redid it, I almost slapped myself across the forehead. I love LSAT questions that are hard yet easy in retrospect after you've broken it down. I think this is one of the better questions I've seen in terms of stimulus + answer choice quality - everything about it is straightforward yet very challenging. The answer choices are great, each one is a near-perfect (wrong) answer choice. I'm in awe of how good this question is.
Last edited by Anaconda on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Knock

Re: Best LR Question Nominations

Postby Knock » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:59 pm

The mirror/reflection one, or however that one goes. I can't remember what PT it's on, but it's one of the older ones.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:20 pm

The one about addiction and dependence.

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:25 am

Any Point at Issue question where the person's rebuttal starts off with ABSURD or THAT'S RIDICULOUS and one of the answer choices is "attacks the proponent of the claim rather than the claim itself" and it's not right because it never is.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:41 am

Excerpts from my favorites:
I’ll show you that your quest for the treasure is
irrational. Suppose you found a tablet inscribed,
“Whoever touches this tablet will lose a hand, yet
will possess the world.” Would you touch it?

This letter was written by Dr. Shirley Martin, a professor at a medical school. Most professors are men, so this letter was probably written by a man.

Some people have criticized my poetry as not being actual poetry. But those critics are wrong, since I have read their work, and it was not really poetry. Only a true poet can recognize poetic creativity or criticize poetry.

yzero1

Postby yzero1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:29 pm

I enjoyed PT32 LR1 Q24, the one about brown dwarfs. One of the most convoluted stimuli ever but the answer is oh so simple. G

Anaconda

Postby Anaconda » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:27 pm

yzero1 wrote:I enjoyed PT32 LR1 Q24, the one about brown dwarfs. One of the most convoluted stimuli ever but the answer is oh so simple. G

That reminds me of the Beethoven Venereal Disease question. When I saw it the answer was so obvious despite 80% of the stimulus being BS meant to create wrong answer choices.

Cromartie

Postby Cromartie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:28 pm

Any of those 2-part questions. Such huge timesavers, especially if you get 2 in 1 LR section. Sadly, I don't think those kinds of questions ever come up anymore.

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Anaconda wrote:
yzero1 wrote:I enjoyed PT32 LR1 Q24, the one about brown dwarfs. One of the most convoluted stimuli ever but the answer is oh so simple. G

That reminds me of the Beethoven Venereal Disease question. When I saw it the answer was so obvious despite 80% of the stimulus being BS meant to create wrong answer choices.

I personally enjoy the topics of the questions more than the actual answering of them. For example, I just love the fact that there is an LSAT question you can describe as the Beethoven Venereal Disease question. I think I actually just did that question yesterday.

gdane

Postby gdane » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:07 pm

The one in PT 59 about Lil' Wayne was cute. Definitely the best ever.

Anaconda

Postby Anaconda » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:13 pm

gdane5 wrote:The one in PT 59 about Lil' Wayne was cute. Definitely the best ever.

What? Are you serious?

gdane

Postby gdane » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:21 pm

Anaconda wrote:
gdane5 wrote:The one in PT 59 about Lil' Wayne was cute. Definitely the best ever.

What? Are you serious?

Yea son. I dont want to spoil it for you so I wont tell you the whole thing. It was a causal reasoning type question.

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:22 pm

This is RC, but whatever.

"After much careful thought, a tragic figure realizes that he has no alternative but to follow the course chosen by the gods and murder his father."

It's just the after much careful thought part that kills me :).

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:24 pm

eit wrote:This is RC, but whatever.

"After much careful thought, a tragic figure realizes that he has no alternative but to follow the course chosen by the gods and murder his father."

Which PT is this? That's hysterical.

Hedwig

Postby Hedwig » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:39 pm

eskimo wrote:

PT 30, S3. There's some other gems like, "After much careful thought, a tragic figure decides to disobey the dictates of the gods and murder her unfaithful husband."

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:27 pm

eit wrote:
eskimo wrote:

PT 30, S3. There's some other gems like, "After much careful thought, a tragic figure decides to disobey the dictates of the gods and murder her unfaithful husband."

Yeah, I remember that one, pretty funny. The answer choices are all summaries of greek tragedies; I think they had Medea, Antigone and Oedipus Rex in there.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”