Transfer after 1 semester...

ninjasinblack

Transfer after 1 semester...

Postby ninjasinblack » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:16 pm

Is it possible to transfer after one semester? I'm graduated and took the June LSAT but my parents are really pushing me to go ahead and start at a lower law school so I can start in the spring. I don't think it's a good idea and think in the long run, it won't make much difference if I wait six months. But could I go ahead and start at say... South Texas Law and then transfer elsewhere, hopefully in the NYC area, for fall?

Bildungsroman

Re: Transfer after 1 semester...

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:23 pm

Don't enroll at a law school from which you wouldn't be 100% willing to graduate. Waiting 6 months is a small price to pay for going to a law school to which you actually want to go.

ETA: Also, I can't think of a law school that will let you transfer in with less than a full year of law school.

vanwinkle

Re: Transfer after 1 semester...

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:27 pm

No.

You can only transfer once you have one full year's worth of credits (some schools set a minimum of 22, others 24, others are more flexible). Even putting aside the many arguments against planning on transferring, the spring start just makes it harder.

Only go to a school you'd be happy attending for 3 years, because your odds of being able to transfer are slim no matter where you go. See the 0L sticky in the Transfers forum for more details.

Thread locked, wrong forum (this should be asked in Choosing a Law School, not LSAT prep).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”