Powerscore weekend course

mljs54

Powerscore weekend course

Postby mljs54 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:07 am

Greetings,

Have a quick question:

Does anyone have any experience with the 16 hour PS weekend course? Would like to know if it's worth taking if you already feel pretty comfortable with the LRB and LGB books i.e. do they teach you anything new?

Thanks

Wheretogo2013

Re: Powerscore weekend course

Postby Wheretogo2013 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:25 am

I took the class after extensively studying all three Bibles and it did not teach me anything new. Basically, they will give you another big book that encompasses all three and you will go all day for two days going over that book. After the first day, they will ask you to do some homework as well. That's eight hours of class, then homework, then another eight hours. Do yourself a favor and pocket that $600 or whatever it is. The weekend class is not worth it. Although I did not do it, I would think that the tutor would be more effective so that you can go over what you are having problems with.

HTH.

mljs54

Postby mljs54 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:05 am

Wheretogo2013 wrote:I took the class after extensively studying all three Bibles and it did not teach me anything new. Basically, they will give you another big book that encompasses all three and you will go all day for two days going over that book. After the first day, they will ask you to do some homework as well. That's eight hours of class, then homework, then another eight hours. Do yourself a favor and pocket that $600 or whatever it is. The weekend class is not worth it. Although I did not do it, I would think that the tutor would be more effective so that you can go over what you are having problems with.

HTH.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking after I just looked at their syllabus for the weekend course which just encompasses every chapter from the bible books.

etown989

Postby etown989 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:06 pm

I took the course and will echo what the previous poster just said, but it is helpful b/c they keep the class size small [around 12 for me] and it basically is like having a private tutor for the two days anyways. Agreed that they do not teach you anything new that the bibles do not already.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”