How can I improve before October? Help! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
enigma09

New

How can I improve before October? Help!

Post by enigma09 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:49 pm

I just took PT50 today and scored a 160. I was absolutely humiliated by the reading comprehension part (-11), but did considerably better in LR (-5, -4) and LG (-3). I've already read the PowerScore LG Bible, and I feel very comfortable with logic games at this point; moreover, the 3 that I missed in the LG section were all stupid mistakes that I picked up on almost immediately after review. I'm also about halfway through the LR Bible, but I haven't picked it up in a couple of months. I studied throughout May, but had a very demanding job this summer that prevented me from spending much time studying.

I felt mentally set on scoring a 170 or so back in May, but now, with the test a little under two months away, I'm beginning to doubt I can make such an improvement.

This was only my third legitimate practice test, so I'm hoping I will continue to improve by getting more "real" practice under my belt. I've also taken some solace in seeing that the RC section (particularly "Riddled Basins of Attraction" on PT50 is widely considered one of the harder RC sections.

Nevertheless, it seems to be the consensus around here that reading comprehension is the hardest section to improve on. My biggest problem with this section was the time constraint: I had to guess on around 6 or 7 questions to avoid leaving any blanks. I tried Voyager's RC strategy during this test, but I don't know if it's my unfamiliarity with the strategy or simply my zoning out in the midst of the passages that threw me for such a loop.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do that would help me improve my score the most before the October test?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”