February test taker here, can I go wrong with this plan?

locthebloke

February test taker here, can I go wrong with this plan?

Postby locthebloke » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Hi, guys. I'm planning on taking the test in February. I've been casually studying for it on-and-off this summer and am just now beginning to get serious. I bought the LG and LR bibles and have started reading the LG bible. I'm very overwhelmed with all the book options, class options, etc. (cannot afford to buy too many, anyway) and I need the most basic, no-nonsense study plan possible. First question, can I go wrong with this general route:

-Read the LG bible carefully cover-to-cover.
-Read the LR Bible carefully cover-to-cover.
-Do practice tests, reviewing sections of the books based on my apparent weaknesses

Or is there more I should do to prepare? Reading Comprehension is my best section, and seems hard to formally study for, so I figured I would just get ready for that by doing the practice tests. Is the RC Bible worth it??

If it helps, I want to go to USC.

3|ink

Re: February test taker here, can I go wrong with this plan?

Postby 3|ink » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:21 pm

Reasons not to take the February exam:

1) Weather may require a delay. This happened last year and threw a lot of people off.
2) You will have a hard time making the admission deadlines if your objective is to apply for the following year.

Would anyone like to add more to this list?

ls2010

Postby ls2010 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:55 pm

I don't think the Feb exam is disclosed so you can't tell where you went wrong in the event you want to retake. That is the main reason why I am taking it in June.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:46 pm

If you are prepared for the February exam, then take the February exam. You are doing the best preparation available for less than $200, in my opinion.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”