LSAT Flashcards

paulshortys10

LSAT Flashcards

Postby paulshortys10 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:23 am

http://quizlet.com/subject/lsat/
check these out, good fun way to review some of the material

Does anyone here use the powerscore flashcards btw?

bleu

Re: LSAT Flashcards

Postby bleu » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:38 am

ty

edisongrl

Postby edisongrl » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:38 am

paulshortys10 wrote:http://quizlet.com/subject/lsat/
check these out, good fun way to review some of the material

Does anyone here use the powerscore flashcards btw?

I haven't used the ps flashcards yet but was thinking I might buy them. Have you used them? If so, what do you think?

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:51 pm

i am a fan of using flashcards. I find them to be worthwhile, especially if you make multiple sets of them on your own, then study them

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:41 am

northwood wrote:i am a fan of using flashcards. I find them to be worthwhile, especially if you make multiple sets of them on your own, then study them

What do you put on the cards? We put mini questions on ours (as in diagrams to interpret, conditional statements to translate, arguments to find the conclusion of, etc.). I must admit I wouldn't find the ones that were in the OP's link very useful -- too removed from context and with the idea of memorizing instead of grasping the logic. But, whatever works...

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:29 am

i put a list of things to look for in question types, then steps to solve the problem on it. I also make cards of examples of phrases and key words to identify the question type by. I find that its a helpful way to remember the key info to look for and to use to eliminate incorrect answer choices. For parallel questions, i do examples of how to diagram, make contrapositives, and so on

skyonedesign

Postby skyonedesign » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:21 am

I find it really helpful to use flashcards that consist of the information that I got from lsat class. So that I can easily spot certain logical reasoning methods and flaws.

rjh456

Postby rjh456 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:26 pm

I have the powerscore cards and they're pretty good - especially for drilling some of the conditional/formal logic work. there's about 20 or more that give you random conditional statements and ask you to diagram them which i found pretty useful, and isn't something i could have just made up on my own. but, be warned - there are A LOT of cards, and some of them are really useless categorizing questions, like testing your knowledge of the official powerscore definition of must be true. you know how ps is with categories... but all in all it's a pretty good purchase if you're reviewing and need more material.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”