TM or PS Tutoring worth it?

pennymore

TM or PS Tutoring worth it?

Postby pennymore » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:44 pm

Hello TLS friends,

I was wondering if anyone has any feelings and thoughts about Testmaster's or Powerscore tutoring services. I took the Testmaster's course last summer, took the Oct09 test and canceled my score. I'm giving it another go and have been self-studying for 2 months on my own. So far, I haven't made that much progress (still scoring in the 150s :cry: ).

Both TM and PS charge $150/tutoring session which is pretty steep to me. Do you guys think it's worth it? I don't want to continue sinking money into LSAT Prep unless it's going to help.

Thanks for your thoughts!

dakatz

Re: TM or PS Tutoring worth it?

Postby dakatz » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:46 pm

pennymore wrote:Hello TLS friends,

I was wondering if anyone has any feelings and thoughts about Testmaster's or Powerscore tutoring services. I took the Testmaster's course last summer, took the Oct09 test and canceled my score. I'm giving it another go and have been self-studying for 2 months on my own. So far, I haven't made that much progress (still scoring in the 150s :cry: ).

Both TM and PS charge $150/tutoring session which is pretty steep to me. Do you guys think it's worth it? I don't want to continue sinking money into LSAT Prep unless it's going to help.

Thanks for your thoughts!

No tutoring is worth $150 a session. Search craigslist and you can find a bunch of tutors who offer free intro sessions, so you get to see if it will work for you before you pay anything. I've seen many great people charging not even half that price.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”