. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
drake

New

Post by drake » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Last edited by drake on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3|ink

Platinum

Re: Can someone help me with LR questions?

Post by 3|ink » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:55 pm

drake wrote: I haven't read the LRB yet.
I think I found a partial answer to your problem. A complete answer to your question would take-up 500 pages. Fortunately, those pages are at your disposal.
drake wrote:And is it just me or are the questions (LG questions) in SuperPrep really poorly phrased? (as in unclear and vague.)
It's an older test.

fosterp

Bronze

Post by fosterp » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:05 pm

For starters, read the LRB, its very helpful.

As far as the question, if I recall correctly it was making a conclusion that its essential to build a space station to house humans for research on human's ability to live in space for extended periods. The premise supplied to support that is that we need the information provided by space station to give knowledge about humans for future missions to explore mars. An assumption that is made is that is made is that exploration will be carried out by humans, and not robots. An assumption is an unstated fact that is necessary for the conclusion to follow from the premise.

If exploration was not carried out by humans and was carried out by robots alone, then the entire argument would fall apart, because it would make the information in the premise irrelevant, and the conclusion would then have no support.

It sounds to me that you do not have the basic knowledge of arguments to understand what is being asked of you with the questions if you don't understand the mechanics of this question and the meaning of the information being presented.

You need to read the LRB as it will lay out definitions for what the authors mean when they ask certain things.

Anaconda

Silver

Post by Anaconda » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:07 pm

I totally remember the Mars question. I misread the question stem (I think) or misread something in general, and when I did the problem again it was obvious I made a stupid mistake. Look over it again closely, sometimes it's hard not to make the same mistake twice. The question was really easy once I read everything correctly!

PS: you need to assume that there will be human missions instead of only robot missions - then what would be the point of all this medical research for space travel?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”