Does this sound like a good prep schedule?

tomrogers2010

Does this sound like a good prep schedule?

Postby tomrogers2010 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:34 pm

My score is a 160 after a month of preparation and I have 2 months before the October LSAT. I've already completed the first 10 LSATs. I have 36 uncompleted exams and this is what I plan on doing:

I will do timed prep for the next 26--i.e. I will split the exam up and do sections under timed conditions for 35 days.

For the Next 20 days, I will complete 10 full length LSATS--taking an exam every other day.

I've already completed the PowerScore Bibles and I can fully explain why my incorrect choices are incorrect. Hopefully at some point, the test yields and I get a breakthrough.

Thanks.

TommyK

Re: Does this sound like a good prep schedule?

Postby TommyK » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:36 pm

tomrogers2010 wrote:My score is a 160 after a month of preparation and I have 2 months before the October LSAT. I've already completed the first 10 LSATs. I have 36 uncompleted exams and this is what I plan on doing:

I will do timed prep for the next 26--i.e. I will split the exam up and do sections under timed conditions for 35 days.

For the Next 20 days, I will complete 10 full length LSATS--taking an exam every other day.

I've already completed the PowerScore Bibles and I can fully explain why my incorrect choices are incorrect. Hopefully at some point, the test yields and I get a breakthrough.

Thanks.

The number of LSATs you take is significantly less important that the amount of time you dedicate to reviewing them. If you're okay with spending 5-6 hours reviewing every LSAT you take the following day, it seems fine to me.

tomrogers2010

Postby tomrogers2010 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:41 pm

The number of LSATs you take is significantly less important that the amount of time you dedicate to reviewing them. If you're okay with spending 5-6 hours reviewing every LSAT you take the following day, it seems fine to me.[/quote]

I pretty much have the logic games under my belt, so as for now, its timing issue. I'm more so concerned with logical reasoning. I spend around 3 hrs alone reviewing my answers--correct and incorrect.

gdane

Postby gdane » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:47 pm

Its not how many practice tests you do that determines how well you'll do on the LSAT, its knowing and being able to do the material. If you dont know how to solve a weaken question or if you dont know how to spot the main point of a reading comprehension problem, all the practice tests in the world wont help you. You say you've gone through the bibles already, thats good. Make sure you understood everything you read. Do you understand how to diagram linear logic games, do you understand inferences, do you understand conditional reasoning, etc etc? If you're iffy on the concepts simply doing practice tests wont take you anywhere since you wont know what the hell youre doing.

Try to identify your weaknesses and address those weaknesses.

Good luck!

tomrogers2010

Postby tomrogers2010 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:11 pm

gdane5 wrote:Its not how many practice tests you do that determines how well you'll do on the LSAT, its knowing and being able to do the material. If you dont know how to solve a weaken question or if you dont know how to spot the main point of a reading comprehension problem, all the practice tests in the world wont help you. You say you've gone through the bibles already, thats good. Make sure you understood everything you read. Do you understand how to diagram linear logic games, do you understand inferences, do you understand conditional reasoning, etc etc? If you're iffy on the concepts simply doing practice tests wont take you anywhere since you wont know what the hell youre doing.

Try to identify your weaknesses and address those weaknesses.

Good luck!

I'm doing practice test primarily for timing purposes. The only thing that poses a problem are the logical reasoning questions. I spend a good deal of time reviewing why my answer choice was incorrect. Once I get this under my belt, my score will improve dramatically. Thats why I spend around 3 hrs reviewing the logical reasoning section alone (writing out explanations etc).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”