Prep courses using official LSAT exams

chester

Prep courses using official LSAT exams

Postby chester » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:05 am

Hello.
I am interested in signing up for a lsat prep course in New York City.
I recently Google a few prep classes and I am a bit unsteady since neither stated that they use actual LSAT exam questions (LSAC) in their classes.

What should I do? should i be this picky?

It would be great if i can get some responses from representatives of from prep courses.

-noob

jtemp320

Re: Prep courses using official LSAT exams

Postby jtemp320 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:15 am

Yes - they should use real LSAT questions thats not too picky. Maybe there are some great little companies out there but my feeling is go with a major company - Testmasters, Powerscore, Kaplan or Princeton Review. There seems to be a bias towards the first two on these boards but I've had some experience with all of them and their materials and I really liked Kaplan - regardless I'd stick with something established.

bp colin

Postby bp colin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:29 am

chester wrote:It would be great if i can get some responses from representatives of from prep courses.

I'm the Blueprint instructor in NYC, and I do think we're the best. You can check out schedules and whatnot on our website, and if you have any questions about BP, go ahead and PM me.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:11 pm

All reputable, national LSAT companies use real LSAT materials. That includes Kaplan, Princeton Review, Testmasters, Powerscore, and Blueprint, as well as some others. I teach for Princeton Review, so if there's anything you'd like to know about us, feel free to ask.

chester

Postby chester » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:22 pm

tomwatts wrote:All reputable, national LSAT companies use real LSAT materials. That includes Kaplan, Princeton Review, Testmasters, Powerscore, and Blueprint, as well as some others. I teach for Princeton Review, so if there's anything you'd like to know about us, feel free to ask.

do you have a website to see the schedules?

orange_ava

Postby orange_ava » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Check out StratusPrep. I've heard great things ie cap their classes at 15 and many people have had great results. http://www.stratusprep.com

Good luck. If you have any questions about Stratus Prep, let me know.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”